With all the interest lately in what is and isn't a good read, it gets me to thinking that we do have a lot of talent and experience on this forum. So, what I'd like to do is offer up an opportunity for anyone interested in publishing an article to send it to us and we'll put together a separate page for you and link it from the main forum.
This will be a trial period to see how much response we receive and how much effort it will take to do this. We've never tried this so if we get too much response we may get backlogged and your articles publication may get delayed.
The only compensation you will receive will be “bragging rights”.
A few simple rules, which we will adjust and/or add to as this thing develops:
1. You must be a registered member to be published. You MUST include your real name and contact information for our records. If you prefer we will only publish your screen name but we need your real name, home address and valid email. Phone is optional. As always we WILL NOT use your information to solicit or provide your info to others without your express permission. Spammers suck.
2. Articles must be your own, original writings. If it's been published elsewhere we'll need permission from the other agency that published it before we publish it here.
3. Pictures are encouraged but we reserve the right to re-size them or refuse to use them if we don't feel they are appropriate for our forum. DO NOT send us copy write photos from others. Use only your own photos. If they are not yours, you'll need to send us contact information for the individuals that approved the use of the photos.
4. Articles by non-individuals, such as companies, businesses, etc, industry reps, etc. are not eligible. However, we do have our “Sponsor Showcase” pages. Please contact us for details if you would like to publish articles, information, etc. in that format. See links on our Sponsors Page for examples. http://www.varminthunters.com/sponsors.shtml.
5. After articles are published, the rules of conduct will apply. In other words, personal slams or derogatory posts on the message board about them will be deleted. Constructive criticism, polite discussion, varying opinions and even complete disagreement is encouraged but in a non- hostile, non-inflammatory manner.
6. Topics – No politics. We would prefer, for now, to keep the posts “on-topic”. In other words, shooting, hunting, reloading, shooting and hunting related equipment evaluation, etc. Having said that, we will consider publishing political or “off-topic” articles in the future but for now we would rather not. “Piggyback” articles that attempt to include content we perceive as problematic will not be published. “Industry Bashing” will not be published, although constructive criticism of equipment and services is okay but will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
7. We reserve the right to refuse publication at our discretion.
8. Have patience with us.
If you have a story you would like to see published,
please contact us. Be sure to read the "Guidelines,
Policies and other boring stuff..." above before submission.
Hunting, Bubba Style! by
Night Hunting For Varmints by John St.Clair
The Varmint Goats of Kahoolawe by John St.Clair
Hawg Hunt by John St.Clair
Prairie Dog Hunting in South Dakota by Joe Novotny
List your company here!
We get several hundred visitors per day and have monthly bandwidth usage of over 30 gigbytes!
Click HERE or contact the WEBMASTER for more information!