Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Rick Brown Foot UPDATE

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  flyin lizard 
#1 ·
Well with the 3C's under our belt, the first thing on the agenda was to visit plastic surgeon for a consult on the remaining open wound. We have gotten the wound from approximately 4 inches by 3 inches to one inch round. We can still see the hardware.

The plastic surgeon has advised the the wound will not heal any further with the hardward in place as Rick's body has now decided the plate is a foriegn body and will not heal over it.

The Orthopedic Surgeon has a consult with us next Monday morning to go over preop consent forms and consult and then he will proceed with the surgery to reopen the foot and remove the original plate and screws. He will also check the stability of the heel bone and decide if he needs to pin or support it or leave it if it stable enough the way it is.

I am asking for prayers for
Rick for a week tomorrow and i will update you or ask Fuzz to do so when i have news.

Thanks

#6 ·
Sure thing...prayers for Rick

#9 ·
Redfoxy

Thanks for the update, and will keep him and you on the prayer list. WD

#11 ·
Thanks for the update, Prayers Sent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.