Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Anyone else get this email from?

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Joe O 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My father recieved this email and forwarded it to me. I am unsure of the authinticity of this but looks as though it may have been generated by **** ***** himself. If so I'm sure others here have seen it before, very interesting.
This is a copy and paste of the text of the email:

Dear ***** Bunch,

This "***** ***" is me, **** *****, the guy who developed all of the products offered on the real ***** *** site, all the technical information and instructions, the one called to Bergara, Spain last November as a consultant to their engineers building the excellent Bergara Encore barrels and the CVA Apex rifle along with numerous other CVA products. ...... the one who had P.O. Ackley as his personal mentor for 10 years, followed by another 21 years carrying on a legacy by standing on the shoulders of that great giant of a man in the custom gun trade. ..... I'm the one who has been doing cutting edge work with the TC system all these 31 years.

This is not meant to "blow my own horn" but to remind you of where I have been, for you to see where it is leading me, and hopefully what it ultimately means to you.

I am going to take some liberties here that I would not take with the general public since we are a more personal group where persons and personalities are also an acceptable part of our shooting activities discussions.

In regard to the Newsletter you received from *** ******* yesterday, she is whitewashing the fact that the "division" as she refers to it is the result of a total, blatant breech of trust of both our personal life together and our teamwork making the TC guns work for you as they should. Her actions brought about the termination of all the monumental video work that was being done and allowed into our inner circle a very questionable character who had no respect for me as a person, our personal lives, and tragically no regard for you, the shooter. These two put their attraction for each other way above everyone around them and way above their responsibilities to you and me.

The personal tragedy to me is one thing, but the real travesty is what it means to you, the ones who have depended on the work I have done.

The "division" is anything but as amicable as you are lead to believe.

Her shallow platitudes are an attempt to hide the disgrace she has brought to our personal lives and the gross disregard for the public trust she was entrusted with. Our business relationship was not ended on friendly terms, and she is NOT being supported by me in any manner. She chose to end a business and personal relationship with me for another man who was hired to produce more products to serve you. Now, they are going to attempt to plagiarize my life's work for their benefit, and I cannot, simply will not sit back and allow this to happen.

They will not be able or authorized to provide ANY real technical support for the shooting systems I have spent my life perfecting, nor will they participate in any pending innovations I will be introducing such as totally revising the approach to Encore and G2 trigger jobs and making further obsolete the rather pitifully outdated printed Trigger Job Instructions manual I hold the copyright on and have demanded she stop printing.

Likewise, there is a better way to measure headspace than with the current Headspace Indicator base.

One spring is also being re-engineered for optimized performance. Prices on some springs will be radically reduced. New products are being developed and will be available soon.

A production run of oversize Encore locking bolts has just been completed that will allow you to optimize the fit of your Encore barrels both at the hinge and at the locking bolts. They are ready to go to heat treat now and should be available for sale in a few weeks. It will mean you will be able to send me your locking bolts that fit loosely in your frame, I will gauge them and provide locking bolts both thicker in the body to optimize the fit in the barrel lug and also raise the sloped surface that engages under the frame's locking table.

Speaking of fitting Encore barrels, most of last fall and much of this winter when I was not throwing time down the toilet on video with them skulking around behind my back the first month and half of the year and then moving the shop to a new, bigger location, I did a LOT of r&d work on fitting Encore hinge pin holes, optimizing locking bolt fit in the frame, forging Encore barrel lugs, and hardening barrel lugs. This work will become available to Encore and Contender shooters only through me, **** *****.

Neither of these people even own an Encore while I have worked to the nth degree with the Encore inside and out ever since it first came out and most importantly daily with the tens of thousands of shooters like YOU, the guy pulling the trigger.

Now is when I need your help more than ever. Please help me spread the word that *** ******* and **** ***** are no longer associated in any way. On the various forums you might frequent, post these facts and that the ONLY official website for **** *****'s ***** *** is www.********.com as it always has been and will continue to be.

I will not be providing ANY technical support for her from this day forward. My continued support of you is dependent on your continued support of me and my son ****. Therefore, I ask that you do not patronize her in any way shape or form and please be patient while our business is restructured. I have temporarily suspended some parts orders while we re-establish our inventory and work on new and improved designs.

I am proud to announce that my son, **** ******* *****, will slowly be taking over my parts business. He started filling orders for me as a child and has a lifetime of shooting experience.

In addition to working hard to catch up, we have a fresh supply of Bergara Barrels we are working on and will continue to keep you, The ***** Bunch, advised as we ready them with the added ***** refinements.

I am no stranger to challenges and am charging ahead full speed in service to you, once again, the only one that ultimately counts....... the guy pulling the trigger.

I respectfully ask that you bear with us as we resupply over the next few weeks, arrange for production of several new products, and ask that you spread the word on forums and among friends, mailing lists, and "forwards" that the REAL **** ***** and his custom accessories is where it always has been at www.********.com and NOT ***********.com even though the two on the surface look the same right now. They are NOT. They are two separate domains, two separate directories with distinctions that will become more apparent.

This Newsletter will be taken by some as "airing dirty laundry". For those of you with such a shallow perception that you cannot see the cold hard facts and see the importance of this Newsletter, just think about it the next time you call expecting my help..... help I have freely doled out day in and day out for 31 years.

Cast your ballot with your dollars. Who are you going to patronize? An order taker or the guy in the trenches with you? Which will it be? It DOES matter!

Thank you again,
Because our name means everything to us!
The one, the only, **** *****

(***) *** ****

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I can't say I know **** well, but I have done business with him for many years. I once spent a week in NE with him at a long range handgun clinic.
In person he's a very nice guy...opinionated, a little arrogant, but still a nice guy. Every dealing I have ever had with him has been positive. He does seem to get the black marble when dealing with business associates. I can't say why, but having had that problem myself, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Rick

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
One thing is for sure....

I've never seen an internet post saying "Call *** ******* and she'll walk you through it.", but I've seen that posted about **** ***** a couple hundred times on this and other sites.

Sid

#8 ·
The only dealings I have had with **** is buying trigger springs from him for the Encore and I was very pleased with with what I got. As for *** I know nothing of her, but it seems a bit presumptious of her to use her former bosses name on her web site to go into compation with him.

#11 ·
I have talked to him on the phone twice. Both times he was extremely helpful to me. He did two Encore trigger jobs for me. Both jobs were done perfectly. And turn around time was unbelievably fast. I have also bought a few other items from him, and the experiences were first class. I do not think I ever dealt with his wife(knowingly). All I can say are good things about him. And alot of us know how bad a bad relationship can be, and how bad it can get. If I need anything else dealing with an Encore I will buy from him again. Tom.

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
This thread is from 1-1/2yrs ago, why even bring it up? How'd you even find it? This is also your first post....hmmm. When you deal with the public, some people are very difficult and some are just flatout stupid. I'm also in Utah.....he's done work for me and I've known him personally for about 20yrs. He's a good guy.

This post has been deleted
#14 ·
****'s OK.Sure he's opinionated.I would hope so.If he wasn't he wouldn't turn out such good work.I just received my 20AB G2 barrel from hin a couple weeks ago.Waited a year,for the chamber work.He's swamped with work.It's a shooter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.