Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Monday Morning

1K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  OneLastShot 
#1 ·
26° here in Upstate NY this morning, with a high temperature of about 31° expected for today. We have very light snow out there with at most 1/2" on the ground. The total amount we will get is probably less than one inch today.

Yesterday was a very peaceful but windy day. It didn't get very warm but I just took life easy all day. I don't do that too often and it felt good. Today I don't know as of yet what is in store.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good Morning

36 here in NC Ohio with west breeze and clear sky. Only thing on my plate is a ten pound boston butt to be turned into pulled pork. I have a little different battle plan this time, should turn out much better. Time for some coffee and start getting the my butt and the butt ready for today!! Be safe and Prayers to those, the Carter Family, and this great country. Mike

#3 ·
Good morning from Waseca, 21 now, high is 36 and no snow.
Yesterday afternoon I actually got some things done. Progress.
Monday is domestic chores again. Laundry and cleaning toilets, yuck.
I need to figure out the weeks menu.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#4 ·
33 here this morning. Cutting firewood, reloading and visiting with my wife’s cousin was on the agenda yesterday. She baked a ham that was the best I’ve had in awhile. I was going to burn some brush yesterday evening but the wind picked up and I thought it best to wait another day. That might be tonight’s project
Sitting here at work getting ready to spring into action but I would much rather be stalking pancakes with Doug.
Sure hope JR is feeling better. We need his daily pearls of wisdom.
Make it a good day

#5 ·
morning all. 17 here this morning, first in a long time that's not below zero, still that way over in town.
Miss you all yesterday, 'puter decided not to work! Seems ok now though.
Worked in the shop some after church and a nap. Then came home and reloaded some more 40s&ms, on to something else next.
Have a dentist appt today so another trip to town.
Better get moving along, have a great day and prayers for those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#6 ·
good morning folks. It's 37 here with clouds and a chilly wind. Mid 40's later I guess. Looked at the long range forecast and it looks like the weekend thru most of next week will be wet but warm. That's good, I don't have to shovel or plow rain.:) Like George, I didn't do much of anything yesterday. Sinuses were acting up and I just didn't feel like doing anything. I did take the trash out, feed the wood stove and made dinner. I put some country style pork ribs in the sous vide pot this morning. See if that turns out as good as my steak did yesterday.

Well, it's another Monday Mikey. Better get back at it. Prayers sent. Have a good one!

Charlie

#7 ·
Good morning from the pancake joint. It’s 27 heading for mid 30s in Indy. The day’s objective is trying to catch the damgnat before it leaves tracks on my ham and cheese omelet. Looking foreword to each day being a bit less painful.

Y’all have a good day.

#8 ·
Great morning fellow boardlings,

29° with the clouds being chased eastward and a clear sky will melt the snow & send us to 39° later here near Halfway USA.

The trailer is on the concrete & the yard isn't rutted. I guess I timed that good enough. A few things got loaded but mostly I tended the woodstove & found dead relatives.

This guy is related to us.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/6132979/daniel-bissell

I traced links to other revolutionary war veterans too. Not all of it was information of greatness. It appears one ancestor died on a British prison ship and was perhaps buried at sea.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/62245157/elijah-bissell

Today's tasks, load up more stuff including shooting stuff and install a solar light on the trailer.

#9 ·
Good morning, everyone. I'm up early - for me - this morning and having my first cup of coffee. Its 21 degrees outside and its supposed to get up to 32 in the afternoon. Sun is supposed to shine all day. The breeze will likely make it feel much cooler, however.

I'm headed to the big city 30 miles away later this morning with the wife and will be there all day. I will find time to stroll through First Stop Guns, so the day won't all be spent in futility by following my wife around to places she like to go to in the downtown area. :) And a mall trip is mandatory on days like today.

Have a safe and productive day.

#10 ·
Good morning old man Blog from the sticks of Kentucky where we have near 30° going up to the mid 40s.

Thank y'all for the well wishes for JB, the struggle is over. Her Mom passed away about 0630 this morning. She had a hard life for most of it but the last couple in the NH facility were probably her happiest. And I am grateful.

I saw all 3 of my boys yesterday and I am grateful they turned out to be good men.

Today's agenda is the SOS. Damcows and Damcats to feed. I heRd a Thump about an hour ago do I need to go investigate. I think Sumpin got Hit on the road about a half mile away. I hope it wasn't a cow.
Off and on the way to what i hope is a SAFE day.

#11 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's 33 now, going to 48 and sunny. Rain and warmer temps returning around Friday.

Yep, Charlie, check off another Monday. Our schools don't start back until tomorrow, so I should have an easy commute and quiet office setting today. Plenty to do, but I don't plan to work up a lather.

On Thursday of this week I'll be going to Carl's area for a retirement luncheon for one of my best buds. The gathering is at the Original Montgomery Inn and should be enjoyable. Another close friend in Elizabethtown will drive up here and then we'll head to Cincy together. The three of us were college roommates and were in one another's weddings. Lots of memories and jokes will be shared, I'm sure.

Koger, if you're willing, send me your phone # in an IM. I did some buffing on my SIL's Bowie this weekend and I think I packed dark, muddy polishing compound into the pores of the cherry, which hadn't yet been filled/sealed. It didn't ruin the wood, but I don't think it helped it any, either. I've got lots to learn.

Prayers up for the Carter clan this week. It may be a rough one for them.

Y'all have a great day and be safe out there.

#15 ·
Morning Gents! Its 39º and clear here headed for the low 50's. Looks like another nice day!

Didn't do much yesterday except laze around the house and tinker in the loading room.

Not much planned for today. I have a Doctors appointment in the afternoon. We usually eat lunch on those days and meet our regular Monday night group for drinks and supper. But the Wife is not feeling good so I don't know yet.

Prayers for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

#17 ·
JR, my families sympathy to yours on the passing of JB’s Mother-she is beyond the travails of this life.

As to your sons being good men that is a blessing that not all fathers have and it is a gift from God. Not all fathers tell their children that they love them, are proud of them and that they are good - many Fathers assume that “ they know” but if they never hear the words how can they?

Best

#18 · (Edited)
It's Wednesday and the fourth day I've been fighting a chest cold. At present it's 32 degrees here in the north east outside and it's expected to stay the same throughout the day. Got an inch of snow last night but the rest of the week calls for sun and warmer weather.

Checked the reloading room and in short it's time to stop reloading and get some shooting in. I've got 3,000-5,000 rounds of 9mm, 40 cal and 45 caliber finished. It's time to clear my head and get outside and make use of some of the reloads. All I need to do is stop coughing and blowing my nose.

I've marked Saturday off as range day regardless of how I feel. We've got 9-10 more weeks of winter and I've already maxed out on the reloading room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.