Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,625 Posts
28° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 49°. It will be a nice sunny day with a mild breeze of 3 to 6 mph, no precipitation predicted

Yesterday was a day where I was home and then on the road a bit and home again. Productive day all the way around, today we are going to our one Granddaughter's house for dinner. Our Daughter and two of our other Granddaughters are also going to be there so it will be nice.

Prayers are sent for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Good morning from Waseca where it's clear and 36, high is about 37.
Busy all day, again, yesterday. My wife didn't get her shot, she has to go back for an MRI as the xray didn't reveal anything. She had to make a second trip to Owattona to get a paper from the eye doctor to turn in to the driver's license folks. Then we spent 2.5 hours at the ex's with care givers. The nurse was really bent with him for not taking hi meds 85% of the time. Thers going to be a meeting in a week about getting him into a care facility. He and hid boys are not eager to do that.
We are meeting with the younger son and his family at noon for Thanksgiving dinner. We are going to
try and bring the ex as he's still part of the family. Getting him in the car is the biggest issue.
On a better note, today is the day set aside for us, a day of giving thanks for all we have been blessed with for the past year. I am looking forward to it,
Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
Ken

·
Registered
454 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving fellow boardies!
25 to start, headed to mid 40's. Wood stove is gaining momentum, gave the cats their morning crunchies and waiting to see what the weather guesser's will say about tomorrow's weather. Might try to split some wood if it's going to stay dry long enough to make it worthwhile.
Hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends.
Ken

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Mornin boys...
35 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Elijah got in around 2 and wanted up this morning to hunt. I was awake when he roll in and was on the phone surf'in the net. I jumped in the shower and finally laid the phone down around 230 or so. Guess we hunt and then go to Melissa's sisters for dinner. Probably hunt til dark and then go to my brother's for our family dinner. Seems to be a full day ahead... you all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Good morning and happy Thanksgiving folks. Idk if my weather station is FUBAR or not. Had 39 at the house but it's 23 up a tree a fee miles down the road in MD. Not sure I dressed warm enough! Paid the price to hunt down here, guess I'll use it! I hear stuff running in the distance. Might be good?

Probably head to Bass Pro when I get home. Need a few things and good BF deals. Going to cousin's at 4 for dinner. Busy day.

Thankful from family and that my wife let's me do this stuff!

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Good Thanksgiving morning to ya’ lads! It’s 36 in Indy heading for near 60. Might rain a little this evening. We’ve got s little running to do but not until the afternoon. We’ll eat here then hit a couple of in-laws places to wave the flag and help them dispose of a pie. Did all the cooking that takes significant oven time last night. Gonna be a bad day for my glucose I reckon.

I got out of the bed this morning and the other 2 dogs got up on it
right away. Sometimes, I’m well down the chain of command around here. I’m mighty thankful to be on the list, though.

Y’all take just a minute to consider all we have to be thankful for. It’ll be a long list!

Have a great day.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Good morning all and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. It is 41* here going to the mid 60's today and sunshine. Kate and I are going out for some breakfast, IHOP or Bob Evans sounds good. I guess that's about it from here, you all have a Great Day!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving folks.
It is just after 4 AM here. This is becoming a bad a habit. 37° to 58° today and no rain so I have that going for me, which is nice.
Have a great day with family

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Thermometer says 37° here on Thanksgiving morning. In the old days, we would be heading to Uncle Bill’s farm where the house would be buzzing with women while all the guys were out rabbit-hunting. Its been years since I’ve hunted them but my son and brother-in-law will be here soon. We are heading to the trap range to bust some clay pigeons. Who knows. Might be starting a new Thanksgiving tradition.
It will be a busy day for some of us but take a few minutes to give thanks for the blessings this year has brought.
Make it a good day

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Great and thankful morning everyone,

Clear with 30° and some frost on the increasingly bare ground here near HalfwayUSA.

Shopping & security detail with Debra Dearest was accomplished. That included Japanese take out chicken for lunch. :LOL:

While shopping I received a call from the undertaker that old hunting partner's cremated remains were ready to be picked up. That worked out well as we were already 1/2 hour drive time closer to Grayling. I was rather expecting the undertakers call. I retrieve Jerry, his folded American flag and the important copies of his death certificate. Jerry will be "living" in our china cabinet until the Spring memorial service.

Like Lee above, 4am has become a habit. But you know, I get A LOT accomplished before the sun comes up. A few more tasks regarding the estate has been checked off the list. A LOT has been done since I was informed Saturday.

A bit more to do to finish filling out the "Personal Representative" application with probate court. Anyone want to step up and tell a judge that I am indeed a character?:ROFLMAO: Can't you see JR standing before a judge saying "Ya, I know him. You sure you want know about him?"

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
HAPPY THANKSGIVING morning all. 17 here with low 30s later, the ground is white and could get more and wind too.
Still have chores to do and ice to break for stock and then will go to Gwyns' sisters for lunch with alot of her family, there will be a
house full!!! Probably be about all that gets done around here today, unless we do some hunting for something.
Have a great and safe day, give thanks to God for all we have and are. We are SO blessed!!! Prayers for those with health issues and other problems.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving, GoGo! At 0829 it's 29 in Louisville, going to 65 and sunny. Showers possible starting around 10 and running until morning. Much greater chance of rain for a few hours starting around 1 a.m. Sunday morning.

Got about 30 eggs dehydrated yesterday. Need to get them powdered and vacuum packed today. That's about all I got accomplished except for lots of Web surfing. Had to keep an eye on the pre-Black Friday sales. Caught a nice sale on 9mm hollowpoints, so I ordered 10 boxes of 20. The bullet is a 9mm 124gr Sierra Outdoor Master. After rebate, they're 25 cents a round. Found out later that the things don't expand. Period. They go bang and poke a hole, but testers couldn't get any expansion from either a 3.5 barrel or an 8 inch barrel. That's bothersome mostly because I'm a pretty big fan of Sierra bullets. Still worth .25 a round, I guess.

Around noon we'll be going to Cindy's mother's home over in Shelbyville. Turkey eating won't commence until 3 or 4, scheduled that way so that some of the family can attend earlier meals at other homes.

I'm thankful for surviving my first year of retirement, for my health, for my good wife and so much more. I'm also thankful for my GoGo friends and hope you all have a great day. If you're hunting, chopping wood, or just traveling, please be careful.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving all, hope it is a great one. This is the best by far out of the last 5 years for me physically and mentally also. Being in severe pain and struggling to do anything takes a toll on you. I am so grateful, for every step I take and being able to get back some of our normal life. Daughter and her family are down, SIL is hunting and saw one doe, but in to thick a stuff for him to shoot at. You all have a good one, prayers for all of you, my extended family, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Its 54º and raining here and the temps won't change much. It looks like the rain will be here all day.

After while we'll go over to the youngest BIL's house for Thanksgiving. The Wife was up early this morning preparing a few dishes to take. The boy's inlaws always make plans and we have to do our family stuff on another day.

Prayers offered for those in need, those who are traveling and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts