Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all the varmints!!
Thermometer says 52, up from the mid 30s. First night in a while that didn't get below freezing and forecast says this will last for a few. It's a typical TG here with clouds and some possible light rain ahead. My family is scattered with one daughter doing decorating at Marty Stewart's rebuilt theater in MS, another daughter hosting her husband's family and the rest of us gathering at my sister's house this evening. Should be a quiet day here in the hollow. This was one of my regular hunting days for many years, but I chose to stay in bed this morning and let the other nimrods get up early. It would have been a good morning though. Best to all of you.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
no hunters today…. Kicked back and taking life easy today. Twin grandsons and their little ones coming about noon for short visit…no eating big meal. They are having Thanksgiving meal at their dad’s in Cheyenne about 5.
Little redhead running 101* temp this morning with a cough, so they are hunkered down for the day. Carl is kicked back in recliner at Lodge and taking life easy. Wifey and I kicked back till grandsons get here.
Wifey does have a chicken roasting in oven and some dressing thawing that was left over from church supper. So, I guess we won’t starve today…LOL.
I’m hopeing and praying all of you have a blessed day, and safe travels for those traveling. Enjoy the families and friends. AND most of all be Thankful For all we have.
Food Tableware Turkey meat Recipe Sharing

Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving and good afternoon everyone. I sit in the stand a while this morning and seen a deer wonder through the thick nasty part of the woods but couldn't tell what it was. Deer has been really slim up there this year. One was found dead in the beans down there on the river and another farmer real close found 2 in his.
Not 30 minutes after I pulled out this guy showed up on my camera right off the river. I missed this one a out a month ago. I can tell because it is the lightest colored one I've seen for a while. It's chest is snow white. You can see how white the inside of his leg is.
Dog Plant Sky Carnivore Natural landscape

Might try to get out again later after we eat. First time we're going anywhere in a long time. The wife already told her aunts if any drama happens were taking our food and going back home...lol
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I was cruising through YouTube couple of days ago and saw a video about the song Sloopy. (Sloopy Hang On).
The girl dancing in the video was being interviewed by a guy named Steve Smith. The brain kicked in that the guy looks a little familiar. It turns out it was one of my high school classmates who owned a radio station back in the day. There’s been a lot of controversy about who the dancer was. He was able to track her down. I found his email address and sent him an email this morning and he responded back that yeah he remembered me from high school and reunions. Several million views and he said neither her or him have made any money off of it. It all went to YouTube and the record producers

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
@Gabriel that sure was an interesting story and Lisa was a DamFox for sure. (I watched that dance 3 times.!)
Tough as Nails.

@ShaneG. That sure as-is a pretty Coyote. I killed one many years ago like that with a white tip on the Tail. I should had it mounted.
Legal Snare season is a few days off but I had what musta been a Monster break a Steel cable 2 nights ago. It looked like a war zone and a MIA Coyote.

Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Tar Wire

Thanksgiving here was Jesse's Wife and 2 Girls, Justin and his boy along with Sledgehammer Rick and his brother "Junior."
Jackson is at the hospital with his wife Abby who is in process of Hatching a little boy. Should be here very soon? THAT youngin will have a wild time I'm sure.
@Bruce Eakins you gonna have to watch that bunch more carefully.
Have a safe day....specially the Okies.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts