Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juuuuuust 5 shopping days till Christmas!! I hope most of you have been good boyz n gurlz this year!! Course there is no hope for a few among us...and they know who they are!!:D (Most live south of the Mason Dixon, if ya know what I mean...:rolleyes:)

Gonna be a nice day here in The People's Republic of IL today, but that big storm out west dumping a bunch of rain and snow will be here tomorrow, bringing winter along with it, I recon! Just in time for the w/e, huh?

Speaking of Xmas**, I have to go out and find a big stocking for Don M...A stocking that will hold a lot of soot and clinkers - just because:) Know where I can get one??

**Some trivia of the day: Xmas, used as an abbreviation for Christmas, has sometimes been thought (mistakenly) by some brittle religious types as some evil attempt to "X out Christ in Christmas", as some of you have no doubt heard. Some of the dialog gets pretty silly.

However, if you are an electrical engineer especially, or even just a ham radio buff, you would know that "X" is often used as an abbreviation for the word "crystal" (as well as the word transmission, e.g., "xmitter" - not part of this discussion). VCXO = voltage controlled crystal oscillator, or just XO as the case may be. Electronics is but one discipline that uses X as an abbreviation for crystal, and it goes way back.

So, next time you hear someone go off on a tangent for someone using the shorthand "X" for the Christ in Christmas, you can give 'em a :rolleyes: and utter a few, "there, there nows"

Have a good un!

P.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Sorry Paul =looks like we're both up=

we posted at the same time =sorry= wish you could shoot w/ us today = have a great Holiday=
Doc:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah But....

**Some trivia of the day: Xmas, used as an abbreviation for Christmas, has sometimes been thought (mistakenly) by some brittle religious types as some evil attempt to "X out Christ in Christmas", as some of you have no doubt heard. Some of the dialog gets pretty silly.

However, if you are an electrical engineer especially, or even just a ham radio buff, you would know that "X" is often used as an abbreviation for the word "crystal" (as well as the word transmission, e.g., "xmitter" - not part of this discussion). VCXO = voltage controlled crystal oscillator, or just XO as the case may be. Electronics is but one discipline that uses X as an abbreviation for crystal, and it goes way back.

So, next time you hear someone go off on a tangent for someone using the shorthand "X" for the Christ in Christmas, you can give 'em a :rolleyes: and utter a few, "there, there nows"

Have a good un!

P.

We all know electricity is the work of the Devil....:D :eek: :D

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we posted at the same time =sorry= wish you could shoot w/ us today = have a great Holiday=
Doc:)
Mornin doc! As I look at your avatar, I think this one would be MUCH better!:D

What does the rest of the breakfast club think???

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

Good Morning To Ya All's:) :) Good to see you all up and at em this morning. Sure would like to off and go to the moonshine range today, but duty calls.:( Take care and have a great day!

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Rooster & GGVG Friends

A goooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a cooler Southern, Ky.
36 degrees here this morning. I see that my "old nemesis" aka "Tha Old
Grey Rooster" has gotten ran out of tha henhouse this morning. What I
really need to do is give him his "Christmas Swat" with a good 2 x 4 right
across his "tailfeathers", LOL. Looks like a good day to go shooting at
"Tha Moonshine Range & Pleasure Palace". Looking forward to that, and
who knows who might show up. Reckon one should take a camera along
for pictures of "that famous assistant" ;) ? Hope everyone has a great day
today. God bless.......

Don M.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thats what I want to SEE a BIG Good Morning

Think I'm in a BAD MOOD so here goes. All the board members are thanking Mike & John for the new board . Did they realy show their APPRECIATION by giving to the Mike & John Appreciation Fund??? There is 709 members as of lost night at 20 dollars each thats $ 14800 thats $20 each and I don't think that is enough, I hope Sid got that mush .
And what about all the people that are posting JUNK so the can get off the JUNIOR MEMBER list, did they give to the APPRECIATION FUND, I think that is about 50 posts to get off thr JUNIOR LIST. I wonder if "FEREWELL ALL" has never given in the past. YA RIGHT.
Do we expect Mike & John to put all the money out of their own pocket so we can PLAY. " I don't think so." And they have never ask for money, what if we HAD to pay to play here.
And this is a Campfire like atmosphere anyway . BOY I Should have said this when this change first happened .
All have a good one .
Thanks, Art

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good morning all from WV

It looks like another nice day for us here in SWV, temps into the mid 50's. Man I love this weather, I hope you have a great day in your neck of the woods today. God Bless,
Joe

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Merry Christmas Mr. Art

Good morning Mr. Art, hope your days gets better ! And, you are
so right about the "John & Mike Fund" ! None of us, including myself
appreciates (or perhaps understands) the efforts these two fellows
exert to make the GGVG Board a reality, and as you stated, for us
to have a place to play and communicate with shooting & hunting
friends all across the USA. I sent my gift and hope that many, many
others did the same in appreciation. Have a good day Mr. Art & God
bless....:)

Don M.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Hope everyone is doing fine and ready for Christmas.. I'm not yet :)
So I'm going today and get a few things for my wife and Dad.
I sure hope everyone calms down a little bit. Changing to another board done something. No more word to waste bandwidth with.:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Good Mornin'

It's about 30* here this AM got the coffee pot going with the hazelnut blend and getting my 2 kids prepped 4 school. They are 6 & 8 and are jacked up 4 Christmas. We have all our shopping done, just don't quite have everything put together. ;) Gotta accessorise my daughters bicycle and put togehter a foozball table for my son. :eek: Thank goodness I'm mechanically inclined:D
It looks as if the temps will stay cooler for a while, which should help the predator hunting around here.
You all have a great Christmas and Holiday Season!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts