Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Benchmark,,,

according to those I asked.
JUST did finish my CZ 527 w/PacNor 9twist 24" ss match barrel!
Neat rifle,,,I used a #5 contour.
I'd like to hear 'other' "best" Mach IV powders.
Got about 700 cases to load for Montana in May.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Both VV133 and 135 are good. And AA2230 works really well in my MIV. Because AA2230 can vary from lot to lot, it's a good idea to get an 8lb keg......not a big deal, especially since that powder is also real good in a .223 and just awesome in the 6BR with light bullets.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Benchmark & H322

Both Benchmark and H322 shoot well in my rifle with 20 or 25 grin bullets. I haven't checked the velocity of either to see which is fatser but for accuracy they're a toss-up. I have used IMR4227 also and it shot well with the 30 grain Berger.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am suing VV133 and a 20g Vmax for 4110 fps. really makes the dogs jump. This is a 25" shilen on a CZ action.

Mike

·
Registered
761 Posts
H322 here in my Sako L461

with 24" Shilen and using 25 gr Bergers (WS2 coated) for 3850 fps, showing mild pressure and stellar accuracy.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I had great success with two powders......

H322 and H335.

Start off at 15.5g and go up to 18.5g possibly 19.0g in .5g increments with Berger 25's. Hornady 25 HP copper fouled like crazy in my two Shilen barrels, stick with Bergers. I used naked bullets.

Always use 7 1/2's, CCI-450's or CCI- BR-4's due to their thicker primer cups, if you don't you WILL be sorry due to holes burnt in your bolt face.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Tin Man:

The stock on my Sako L461 is an off the shelf McMillian. I had a wood stock on it, was on the McMillian website and saw they had "overstock" items on their shelves at a discount, and the L461 stock was on the list.

I bedded the action and the first 2" of barrel under the chamber, and installed a Tinmey trigger. It's got the rough pebble finish on it, so I have wide stock tape on the forearm and bottom of the buttstock to ride the bags, as it's seldom shot otherwise, being primarily a bench rat rifle.

I think at the time (about 4 years ago) the stock cost just under $300.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.