Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no Fireball brass is there anyone that sells made up 17 mach IV brass out there. If not, all that is needed is to neck down fireball brass?? Forgive my ignorance, this is my first semi custom rifle, all my other rifles have factory brass available.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I bought a case forming die for 17Mach4 from a friend of Speedy Gonzalez for about $25 when he built me a pistol in that caliber. I cant remember the name, but I know Speedy would be able to point you in his direction in a NYC Second.
It was a snap to use and forming cases from 221FB brass was very simple. Two quick steps and then I ran the cases through the full length Mach4 die and I was ready to fire form.

Ken

·
Registered
217 Posts
17 mach 4 brass

you can buy made up 17 mach 4 brass from Todd Kindler at the Wood Chuck Den in Ohio....you will have to still run it thru a 17 mach 4 full lenght re sizing die..just to bump the shoulder a little....the major re sizing is all done though
..Saubier. com should have a link to the Wood chuck den on their wed site..

www.Saubier.com

Mvh.. Eric

·
Registered
95 Posts
Remington may have it after January.....

The Remington 17 Fireball (slightly modified 17M4) will be announced at the January SHOT show, and brass should be available shortly thereafter.

Glenn

·
Registered
31 Posts
Easy

run 221 brass through the seater die with the stem removed.
Then resize in full lengthsizr with decapping pin out, then with it , viola !

I used imperial sizing die wax, but some board member says thers something much better but I can't remember what it was.

A hornady vmax 20 or 25gr and some H4198.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts