Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep coming across these two, but I only see info on the 17Rem. Is there a difference in the cartridge? I see 17 Tact using Lapua brass from a 20, but besides ppl using better brass what is the actual difference in these two?

Thanks in advance!
Hellorian

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Welcome to the board

And to answer your question, if you contact Todd Kindler from Woodchuck Den or check his site that would be the best information on this. I'd never even heard of the 17 Tac until I was talking with him a couple months ago. It is tough to find any (good) info on it. WD

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are several dimensional differences between the .17 Rem and The .17 Tac. The shoulder angle is 30o for the Tac and 23o for the Rem. There are slight differences in the body length and overall length also. The capacity of the Tac is slightly larger. .17 Remington load data tends to be a good starting point. My favorite loads for the Tac are almost the same as the recommended Max loads for the Remington.

Both cartridges are overbore, fast as blazes, and tend to have relatively short barrel throat life. Awesome coyote rifles, not so much for PDs or other high volume shooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts