Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently inherited. A custom made 20 cal Satan with fluted stainless barrel on a Remington 700 action, I'm having a hard time time finding any info on the 20 Satan so any info would be greatly appreciated.
I also received all of the reloading and case sizing tools for this gun.
Thanks for any info!
Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks joe

Thanks for the info, if anyone else knows anything about the 20 Satan please let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I have found that the gun has a PAC-NOR barrel and a H-S precision stock, how can I identify modifications or changes to the action, trigger, bolt etc?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yep, it's a 6.5 SM necked to 204. You might be ahead of the game to have it rechambered to 20x47 lapua as the brass is easier and less expensive to obtain. That being said, if you didn't get brass with it. Adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I also received brass with the rifle, It also came with reamers and go gauges.... Why would i need reamers and go gauges??? I've never owned a custom rifle so am I missing something here?? I found out today that it was made by PAC- nor in 2007 and also found out that it has never been fired. All the reloading dies are wilsons and the rest of the tools are pacific tool and gauge.

·
Administrator
11,729 Posts
Based on a post over on Saubier.com someone had one and the barrel fried at 675 rounds. So the previous owner knew it would need set back and rechambered a time or two (if lucky) and he bought the reamer and gauges. Or he just bought them when he decided to build the gun. Some smiths keep the reamers...some don't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this satan uses the 6.5x47 lapau brass, today I recieved
an email from steve Bowers (he and Bruce Potts designed this cartrige), he is going to get me info on loads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It must have been available, I have about 200 casings of which 80 are loaded and haven't been fire formed, Steve said they started with the Swiss match shells and changed to the lapua when it became available. I have also verified barrel work with PAC NOR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts