Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a remington sps in the 204 cal and cant find a good round that it likes . The best groups are 1 inch at 100 yards . Tried 32 39 blitze king and the hornady 32gr. Thinking of trying the 40 gr berger. I have been useing benchmark powder. Am i expecting to much out of this gun? Thanks for your help What a great site even with the site change the people here still are great wealth of Knowledge for us beginners THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
269 Posts
H322?

Rumor has it that H322 is very good too. I have loads ready to try Benchmark and H322 in Aduette Ladder tests as soom as it warms up a little.

Also as mentioned, 10X is supposed to be very accurate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
.204 loads--

I have a Remington 700 CDL, I have tried few powders, but have had pretty good luck w/ H335 and Sierra 39's. My rifle will group "honest" .6's (5 shots) @ 100 yds. I have shot a few 35, and 40 gn. Bergers, and they have produced even smaller groups minus a "flier". Remember, this rifle is a sporter. I am planning to do more load developement this spring. I will keep you all informed of my progress or "lack of same". Everyone on this forum is great about offering "advice", just remember that all rifles are individuals, just as we are. Good luck w/ your .204!!Russ

·
Registered
303 Posts
204's

I have a Remington 700VLS and a Browning A Bolt Hunter in 204 and they both love the 39 gr Bliztkings. The Berger 40 gr bullets shoot very impressive as well in both rifles.

Slight edge goes to the Blitzkings for accuracy.
Slight edge goes to the Bergers for terminal performance on groundhogs.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had the same problem, only worse, with my Remington VSF .223. It would avg about 1 1/4" at 100. Remington told me their factory accepted accuracy was 1 .45" at 100 yds. So, according to them, your gun is well within specs. Only thing.....that ain't good enough for a pd gun! Traded it.
Hope you get a load that will shoot, I never could. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.