Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a new thread to kind of keep all our hunting pics in. And just remember some of my best hunting trips I could stand by an empty deer/elk hanger and still had a great time with lots of good memories.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then, I’l start it. Picture of Justin and Josie at the end of elk archery hunt, public land near Chama, NM. No animals were hurt on this year’s hunt. But a great time was had by all.
Smile Plant Tree Beard Eyewear

Sitting around the fire box and contemplating days work filling feeders (and moving some), putting up new trail cams, and setting some blinds.

Marines Cargo pants Military person Military uniform Soldier

And Josie doing her part to help as alway. She will probably be guiding before we know it ….. LOL

Military camouflage Plant Camouflage Squad Military uniform

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Okla youth hunt couple weekends ago

Smile Plant Tree Wood Hunting

Rifle in pic is the Rem model 7 6.5 TCU that Mike Bryant built me and several years ago and then he cut stock down and I gave to Josie. I haven’t given the Model 7 in 260 that I had cut down for her yet. Just got it threaded and some ammo loaded up for her.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st group at lodge, they left out Tuesday

Sky Hunting Deer hunting Trophy hunting Elk

KF…. This little buck below is headed to Paducah, KY. LOL… your long lost cousin. You’ll have to tell the story on here.

Sky Hunting Elk Natural material Deer

Another pic of Paducah buck and his friend’s buck

Sky Helmet Goggles Marines Plant

for some reason or other I don’t haven’t got pic of the 4th buck from that group.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1st buck of second group taken this evening…. They aren’t in yet, but looks like a dandy one

Head Hunting Deer hunting Elk Deer

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Justin finally sent me pic of the 4th buck of first group of hunters. Three were with muzzleloaders and one with biw
Head Sky Ecoregion Vertebrate Deer

And this little piggy didn’t make it home last night.
Hunting Grass Landscape Military camouflage Marines

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I didn't have much time to spend hunting this fall, no scouting this summer, didn't get my bow tuned up, blah blah blah seems to be the case every year for me.

Went out about 5 days and filled all my tags. Two doe antelope 397 yards 421 yards , one fat little mule deer buck 90ish yards in his bed, and one cow elk 436 yards. Nothing spectacular just meat.
Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Landscape Plant

Plant Wood Twig Fawn Grass

Fawn Antelope Grass Horn Deer

Picture makes her look kinda of small but she was an older lead cow and actually pretty decent size. For reference my rifle has a 26" barrel with a 7" can on it.
Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Soil Tail

Shot everything with my lightweight desert hunting rifle. 6.5 Sherman Short shooting a 122gr PVA Cayuga at 3390fps.

For the first time since moving to Wyoming I'm going back to hunt whitetails with my dad in Michigan, and for an added bonus my oldest son has a hunting license and will get to hunt a couple evening on a buddies food plot from a box blind. Hopefully we can get his first deer. He's very excited and has been practicing with the 300blk.
Hat Recreation Shooting Precision sports Toddler

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the little one is enjoying the shooting. And it looks like someone is going to have a lot of good eating this winter. Congratulations.
Hope that little one connects with his deer.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Whacked a nice, tender doe on Oct. 15 during Kentucky's early muzzle loader season. I was both the hunter and the videographer, so this is just a quick and dirty attempt. Plus there's the fact that the doe was angling toward the ground blind I was in and only about 20 yards away when I pulled the trigger. The last thing I wanted to do was screw up the shot because I was trying to video. Listen for the "POP!" around 37 seconds.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 down today 1st day rifle season Mossy Oak hunt. Pic is one of them, don’t have pic of second yet
Sky Hunting Deer hunting Elk Ecoregion

Reactions: Dean in Colo.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This one “may” make NRA American
Hunter magazine some day….lol
She writes for the magazine and took this one yesterday evening
Outerwear Trophy hunting Plant Sky Hunting

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Little redhead got her European mount back couple hours ago. She took this one about 2 weeks ago with crossbow.
Smile Wood Flash photography Happy Fawn

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some of you boys that were here in June remember Matt…. He bagged this big boy this week on his place a few miles from here in Texas. 159 2/8
Vertebrate People in nature Elk Grass Wood

1 - 17 of 17 Posts