Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new Handloader mag in, and of course an article got me going on a new gun. Really looks like an interesting caliber. The writer got speeds of 3542 fps with a 77 gr Matchking and 3162 with a 90 gr VLD. Maybe worth looking at for my first real custom gun.

·
Administrator
12,052 Posts
The 6mm version has a really good following. I can't imagine the 22 being bad. Kinda like the 22/6 PPC and BR. The case design should lend well for accuracy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The writer said it was very close to the 22-250 AI in case volume and velocity..

·
Administrator
3,260 Posts
The 22-250 and 6mm Rem have always been two of my favorites. Lucky for me I haven't as of yet and I don't think I will get into the Creedmores.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
You might also look into a 220Russian. Mine has kicked out 52 grain bullets at up to 4100 FPS accurately with the downside being the cases lengthening too fast. I dropped it down to 3700 FPS and life was good again. I turned the necks on mine but with a different reamer I would not have had to. The 220Russian case is the parent of the 6 PPC.
Gene Beggs came out with a 22 Beggs after my project and it had squarer shoulder angle, which Gene claims cuts down on brass growth.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I’ve got a 22 Creedmoor, neat cartridge, good ballistics, and yeah, a souped up 22-250 with a fast twist barrel. As with the other Creedmoor, accuracy is good and case life seems to be good. I’ve not had it out but one loading session, but I know for sure mine likes Reloader 17 powder. And this is the way to spell it... Creedmoor.

Wayne

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comeback, good to hear from someone that has one. Where did you get your gun made? I found out right off after checking a couple places, that not a lot of people can or are willing to make a gun in this caliber.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks for the comeback, good to hear from someone that has one. Where did you get your gun made? I found out right off after checking a couple places, that not a lot of people can or are willing to make a gun in this caliber.
I purchased it used for my son to shoot in long range events. Seems to like 88 grain ELDs. Good luck with your build.
Wayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts