Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I had a Model 53 in 22 Jet, shot a few groundhogs with it and don't know why I sold it. I think I have a box of brass if anyone gets a 22jet they can have it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Those little rimmed cartridges just cry out for the Martini Cadet action. If Ruger built a 2/3 scale No1 action for small cartridges they'd sell more than a few. I have a cadet action sitting here waiting for some effort to turn it into a .221 Fireball rimmed (.357 max cases run into .221 dies).

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
May I have them?

I had a Model 53 in 22 Jet, shot a few groundhogs with it and don't know why I sold it. I think I have a box of brass if anyone gets a 22jet they can have it.

Thank you !:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well guys, I've had a couple of Jet revolvers and have a couple more now. It is true enough, under the right conditions the case will set back and bind the revolver. In a rifle or carbine it is a different deal. My T/C carbine works great.

Go for it, Fuzz. It will make a neat little package and should be a lot of fun where you live.

Sr.Shooter

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an H&R topper in 22 jet.It is the first rfifle I ever loaded a shell for.Thats been about 35 years ago now.It uses a .223 bullet that was even labeled jet on the end flap.It was never truly accurate but I killed alot of squirrels with it as a kid .It was first first dedicated Varmint rifle.

·
Registered
654 Posts
To Answer Your Question

Mechanically they're identical. The #3 has a barrel band and a carbine style butt plate. It's more stripped down than the #1. You say you have a Contender. Have EA Brown or Virgin Valley make you up a longer barrel. Should be quite a bit less than trying to build a whole gun.
Paul

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
To all....not sure you realized, but this is a 12 year old thread now that was brought back a few days ago. The OP and a few others in this thread are now deceased. Others no longer frequent the board for one reason or other. I'll leave it up, because I like looking at cool toys, but Fuzz ain't going to get much out of it. RIP

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Love a good thread resurrection.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
That H&R rifle is actually a pretty rifle; kinda lo budget/quality but got those pretty colors on it yall were admiring the other day.
Don't let Ken see it....he will bring one home with him.
My late Cousin/Uncle Mel had a S&W revolver of that caliber many years ago. I think it had inserts or another cylinder so you could shoot .22 LR. It was Nickle or Stainless.
He was a Trader....it left many years before he did. His widow sent all his remaining guns to an Auction...didn't say a word to me about it...still has not.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts