Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my trusted Rem 597 mag was stolen, I am thinking about replacement rifles.
I would not mind another Rem 597 mag (DRT accurate, right Mike in Fresno?)
Savage 93FV
G2/Contender w/ Bullberry barrel

Which rifle listed would you pick and why?
Is there a special G2/Contender to buy to use with either rimfire or centerfire? Or would that require two different receivers?
What barrel length for 22 WMR would give best accuracy?

Thanks in advance for the opinions and the help spending my $$$
Steven

·
Registered
446 Posts
.. and barrel from BB is going to be accurate but you might find out the factory barrels are good enough. Try a 16.25" tapered carbine barrel and you can have the best of both worlds, pistol and rifle.

Why not a 17HMR?

I've attached ED's latest list for you reference:

www.edstc.com

Ed's website is not up to date- so refer to the list (partial) attached here for the latest and greatest. Ed gets new and used barrels in all the time, he has some of the best prices in the country and is one of the nicest fellows.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
WMR options

If I could only have one it would probably be a CZ 452 with a Brooks trigger kit. I have four WMR rifles and the CZ is the best shooter. The good old Marlin 25 MN is close but the trigger needs help. Never shot a Savage 93 in WMR but the HMR 93 I had was very accurate. The newer Savages have the advantage of the accu-trigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.