Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding ammo lately is a huge hit or miss proposition. I have lots of brass, primers and powder. I have some 5.56 FMJ hoarded away but I need 55gr bullets and do not want FMJs. These will be for hunting and/or rioters - not likely, but more than it used to be. Can anyone recommend a source for 55gr PSP bullets? Im not having any luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
.224 55 grn SP bullets

I checked in Missoula and Great Falls (Montana) recently for a 500 or 1,000 bulk pack of 55 SPs. Tried Cabelas, Sportmans WH, and North 40. No luck. They did have some various 100 boxes. The hens teeth item in my neck of the woods lately has been small pistol primers. Don't know what WTF is going on there.... I plan on posting some 55 grn hunting bullets and 52 grn match bullets in the for sale section of this website in the next week or so. Have to dig them out. They will be post paid via USPS.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Midsouth had boxes of 250 in stock a wk ago for 9cents per. The 500 boxes were "OK to back order" for a penny less.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I checked in Missoula and Great Falls (Montana) recently for a 500 or 1,000 bulk pack of 55 SPs. Tried Cabelas, Sportmans WH, and North 40. No luck. They did have some various 100 boxes. The hens teeth item in my neck of the woods lately has been small pistol primers. Don't know what WTF is going on there.... I plan on posting some 55 grn hunting bullets and 52 grn match bullets in the for sale section of this website in the next week or so. Have to dig them out. They will be post paid via USPS.
+1

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After loading .204, .223 and .45aco all week spent today loading .45 Colt. Nice chance of pace with those big, open cases. FWIW didn't use the Dillon because I couldn't get it to throw enough Trail Boss - VERY voluminous powder...like big donuts. The old Lee dispenser worked like a charm. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts