Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years ago today, I woke up and sat up in bed, fell out in the floor with a stroke and laid there 5 hours or so. Ended up having 2 more before the day was done. I am not one to feel sorry for myself, I have came a long way from the shape was in back then. The Neurologist says that I can put together a lucid thought or speak, much less be able to do all the stuff I am able to is a miracle. I simply think it is a blessing from God. I am grateful for every day, and push myself to do all I possibly can each day, try to enjoy life to the fullest, and be a better person each and every day.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
You always seem to have something on the burner......
Keep on cookin' Sam. (y) :cool:

·
Administrator
3,118 Posts
koger, yes I feel the same way as you, it is a blessing! I have almost died twice in my life and both times something happened and I am still here. I made up my mind years ago do whatever I loved the most, take care of myself and family and try not to worry about things. I am so very glad that you are okay and hopefully you will be with us for another good number of year and enjoy each one of them. I look forward each day to reading posts from you.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Sam, as we all know EVERY day is a gift from God.

There will come a day when each of us will take our last breath...it is well to consider from whom ALL blessings flow...sure not from ourselves.

Have a blesssed day.

Best,
Dave

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hard to believe it’s been 3 years. Since then I know you’ve had some physical injuries to overcome as well. You are an inspiration to as all Sam........and a modern-day folk hero.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Similar experience here, Thanksgiving morning 2010. My left arm and left leg came back after a couple of days, but had bad aphasia, and it took three months of speech therapy to be able speak properly again. You have done really well, and may God Bless You.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Had my stroke six years ago this past September. Woke up about 2 or 3 a.m. and my left arm was asleep, or so I thought. Got up, massaged it, and when there was no tingling, decided I was having a stroke. Spent 2-3 days in the hospital having every MRI known to man. The doc showed me a little black spot on the MRI picture about the size of a BB, but couldn't tell me what caused the blockage. Since then there are times when that arm feels just a little weak, but I thank God that's the worst of it. As others have said, a wakeup call like that can sure help you praise God every morning and never take tomorrow for granted.

Keep on keeping on, Sam.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Sam Koger is the Toughest Man I know.
Hang in there buddy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts