Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be on here all the time, went away a few years. I'm back.
Our son got our grandsons a Savage Axis XP youth in .350 Legend, it's a bolt gun.
I have reloaded forever, just bought 200 small rifle primers, ordered RCBS 3 dies set, mooched some 40 cases, bought 200 Hornday .355 165grain FTX bullets, and I have a ton of powders......among them are 1 can each of Li'l Gun and IMR 4227.
My manuals are all older, so no load data for this new round in them.
I've read Li'l gun and 4227 several times for this caliber with the 160-170 range bullets.
Got any good experience with this caliber & reloading tips for me? THANKS in advance.

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
I have no experience with the cartridge, I wish you good luck though. It is nice that you made it back here and please Iet us know along the way how you are making out with the rifle.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
I also have no experience with the .350 Legend but there’s data avsilsble on Hodgdon’s website.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know nothing about the 350 legend but li'l gun is made by Alliant powders they should have some info. Glad to see you post. Look forward to many more posts in the future. Mike

·
Registered
497 Posts
Lil-Gun is a Hodgdon powder. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center Reloading Data Center | Hodgdon (hodgdonreloading.com) lists five powders and five bullet weights for use in the 350 Legend.

The Hodgdon site doesn't list 165 grain bullets but you should be able use the 170 grain data as a starting point. Lil-gun gives the highest velocity with the lowest pressure. I don't have a 350 Legend but use Lil-Gun extensively in my 300 Blackout as it is the quietest powder with suppressed loads.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS for the tips, I got "snipping tool" to get some copies of select loads from the Hornady site. THANK YOU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts