Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Remington 40X .22 rimfire that is somewhat unigue. My father was friends with a fellow named John Moscow. John was a national small bore champion and in 1964 he won the 40X in a match. I bought the rifle several years ago and it has a silver metal insignia on the stock that says 1964 small bore champion. It is a beautiful rifle with a Hart barrel. Hasn't been shot in years as I'm more into centerfire benchrest and varminting. I'm looking to sell it or trade for a custom short action. Can someone tell me what a 40X rimfire is worth these days?

·
Registered
13,384 Posts
e-mail me

I have a Remington 40X .22 rimfire that is somewhat unigue. My father was friends with a fellow named John Moscow. John was a national small bore champion and in 1964 he won the 40X in a match. I bought the rifle several years ago and it has a silver metal insignia on the stock that says 1964 small bore champion. It is a beautiful rifle with a Hart barrel. Hasn't been shot in years as I'm more into centerfire benchrest and varminting. I'm looking to sell it or trade for a custom short action. Can someone tell me what a 40X rimfire is worth these days?
if it's a nice one i my have a trade for [email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Personally, if John M. was a good friend or someone special, I would keep it. The relative few hundred dollars you get will be gone and you will never get that rifle back again. You will get a basic rifle with no special value that in a few years will be relegated to sit on a shelf somewhere.

Apparently Mr. M. was special to your dad and their are not lots of things in this world that are special.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm with Chester on this one. If you absolutely have no want or attachment to the rifle I would check with the family of Mr. Moscow. Could be he has a Grandchild or Nephew that is a competitor or hunter that this rifle would be of great interest too.

We have an unwritten rule in our family that stipulates if a firearm (or other item of family value) is given too or purchased from another, that the giver/seller is ALWAYS given first right of refusal before the item is passed on. It is a respectable thing to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.