Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Good morning all! It appears the gun will shoot when driven well鈥 View attachment 28402
GreyFox and I went down to AL to shoot a UBR match Saturday and I got lucky. Rick took home 1st place in the Unlimited class, shooting a 220 Beggs. We had a great time and a nice sunny day, albeit a bit windy. My next build, which is underway, is a PD rifle in 20 VarTarg on a 788 Rem action.
Your using LT-32, original lot #1-#2 ?
What primers are used ?
Turn neck thickness ?
What bullets ?
Freebore/Jump ?
Is the action screwed or glued ?
What trigger ?
Barrel tuner ?
What intended class ?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Also. That rifle is a piece of art with delineated blacks, grays, and silver, off set by the abstract of the marbled stock.

I have two pounds of LT-32 that I acquired in a trade, that I鈥檓 going to try in a 6PPC USA, 1:12, 14鈥, barrel. I鈥檒l have to look at my lot #. I鈥檓 using H-322 currently w/ Nos 55 gr, and A2460 for Hor 70 gr, (discontinued), and Sir 80 gr SSP. (Single Shot Pistol, discontinued).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Your using LT-32, original lot #1-#2 ? 06251511
What primers are used ? CCI 450
Turn neck thickness ? I am not turning necks
What bullets ? Berger 68 gr FB Target # 24711
Freebore/Jump ? No jump, I seat hard into the lands, the Freebore is 0.0598
Is the action screwed or glued ? Glued & screwed on Bedded McMillian Edge stock with pillars
What trigger ? B&A
Barrel tuner ? PMA
What intended class ? UBR Custom, weighs 13.2 lbs with March 8-80
Also. That rifle is a piece of art with delineated blacks, grays, and silver, off set by the abstract of the marbled stock Thanks, actually the stock was red marble originally. It鈥檚 actually a dip with a metallic flake intercoat for depth finished off with multiple coats of high gloss clear then hand polished.

Registered
Your using LT-32, original lot #1-#2 ?
What primers are used ?
Turn neck thickness ?
What bullets ?
Freebore/Jump ?
Is the action screwed or glued ?
What trigger ?
Barrel tuner ?
What intended class ?
Also. That rifle is a piece of art with delineated blacks, grays, and silver, off set by the abstract of the marbled stock.

I have two pounds of LT-32 that I acquired in a trade, that I鈥檓 going to try in a 6PPC USA, 1:12, 14鈥, barrel. I鈥檒l have to look at my lot #. I鈥檓 using H-322 currently w/ Nos 55 gr, and A2460 for Hor 70 gr, (discontinued), and Sir 80 gr SSP. (Single Shot Pistol, discontinued).
With a 68gr bullet, most shooters use 28.3-28.5 LT 32 in a benchrest action. Not sure how that will shoot in a 14" barrel. If I were doing it I would probably use a slightly faster powder. But since you have 32, go for it.

Rick

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
鈥 I would probably use a slightly faster powder. But since you have 32, go for it.

Rick
Ah, so many powders, so little time. Seems like the smart play would be to try increasing my current load first and see what happens. On the other hand, this was the only burn rate chart I could find with LT-32. Any thought?

Attachments

Registered
Ah, so many powders, so little time. Seems like the smart play would be to try increasing my current load first and see what happens. On the other hand, this was the only burn rate chart I could find with LT-32. Any thought?
I was replying to PRR957. I would think you know what you are doing. ;)
Rick

21 - 28 of 28 Posts