Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Speer 70 gr TNT HP bullets in a 6BR rifle. These bullets are a good bargain but seem to taper quickly so as to make it hard to get close to the lands.

·
Registered
960 Posts
70 Tnt

I used to have an Encore 6 BR barrel and used Speer 70 grain TNT in it. It was a 1 in 14 twist. I was more interested in minute of PD. Sure made a mess of PD's double's and triple's were possible as the bullet held together through multiple dogs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 70-gr. TNTs shoot very well in my 6BR with 1:14 twist. They have very long ogive and work better in chambers with very little freebore. The TNTs are second only to custom bullets for quality and accuracy in my opinion and will infect chucks with "sudden death syndrome".

·
Registered
928 Posts
As previously stated, they are a little tougher in the jacket than the V-Max, Sierra Blitz Kings or Nosler BT's and sometimes punch through prairie dogs.

Personally I like the 65gr V-Max or the 70gr Sierra Blitz Kings, pops them open every time. Fowler 66gr benchrest bullets also do a great job.
Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.