Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is thinking of getting one built. He asked me how long an action to use. I said that with the long action he would have more options as to how far out to set the bullet. Was I right? It would probably be put on a Remington 700 action. Another question, would the 6.5/284 be a better choice? He will use it as a long range coyote gun and possibly for mule deer. He always liked the fast calibers. Darrel

·
Registered
411 Posts
6 x 284 or 6.5 x 284

I own both built on the Remington and the 6.5 is on a 243 action and the 6.5 is on a 30-06 action. I like the longer action because bullet length and seating and hand feeding single rounds is easier. That's just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
13,384 Posts
well

My son is thinking of getting one built. He asked me how long an action to use. I said that with the long action he would have more options as to how far out to set the bullet. Was I right? It would probably be put on a Remington 700 action. Another question, would the 6.5/284 be a better choice? He will use it as a long range coyote gun and possibly for mule deer. He always liked the fast calibers. Darrel
if repeter the LA would be better .the 6.5 would be hard to beat on mule deer to.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.