Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago I went searching around forums looking for load data with lighter bullets for a 6x47 Lapua I planned to build. Well it’s built now. 10 twist Shilen select match on a savage target action. Glass bedded the barreled action into a Richards rosewood laminate thumb hole stock. I’m currently working on some loads. 1/3 ish moa from the 88gr high bc Berger varmint bullets traveling 3050fps no pressure signs. I’m thinking on sticking with that load, but both 64 and 80 gr Berger loads Are in the works. I do have some old 75 gr sierras I will try as well. The 64 gr has showed good promise but I need to get the velocity up a bit. I’ll continue to post my data on this thread if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Good job, nice looking rifle and group.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That’s a decent group. I think I’d try up and down by 0.1 grains and then mess with longer and shorter seating depth but not all at the same time.
Most seem to like the 8 to 8.5 twist rate. You may be handcuffed at the longer distances.

·
Administrator
3,893 Posts
NIce looking rifle, how do you like your Caldwell rest. I have one and it works well for me, I put a Protekor bag on it though and use a Proetkor bag at the rear also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice rifle. Since you are wanting light bullets, two of my favorite 6mm bullets in my 243 Winchester are the Sierra 70Gr Blitz King and the Sierra 85gr HPBT.
[/
NIce looking rifle, how do you like your Caldwell rest. I have one and it works well for me, I put a Protekor bag on it though and use a Proetkor bag at the rear also.
I like it! Keeps me steady and it’s one of the better deals out there. As long as I’m doing my job it’s great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts