Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How ironic, I logged on to ask about my shotgun and another 870 thread pops up. George I loved your story on hunting. That reminded me I have an 870 Wingmaster Magnum sitting in the closet. I apologize for my ignorance but I know little about it or shot guns in general. It is a 12 ga. The barrel measures 27 to the receiver, it is ribbed with 2 beads. It collects dust. Do you guys have an idea of it’s worth. I am thinking of selling it on Armlist. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I tried looking up the age from the barrel. It didn’t make much sense to me, from what I see on the barrel.
Thanks guys

·
Administrator
2,986 Posts
It would have a 28" barrel, does it have choke tubes? It appears to be one of the newer style, I feel it is worth $400 - $500.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Google Remington date of mfg. It goes by serial number. Easy to figure out. I'd say yours is pre 1980's if it has a fixed choke and will be worth less than if post 80's with changeable chokes. The barrel really doesn't tell you much since they can be swapped out.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has changeable chokes and I have a wrench somewhere but I have no idea what choke is in it. I know I am pretty pathetic. I have thought I should learn to use a shotgun and one for coyote would be good but this is probably not the one to drag around the wet Pacific Northwest. I was sure I saw a site that listed Remington dates by serial number but I am not finding it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts