Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I sure don't need another project but I did it anyway. A buddy had someone wanting to get rid of a 9mm upper. Looks to be an Olympic arms...which has been outnof business a while I guess and it uses modified Sten mags. I need to figure out the mag situation and try to test fire it soon.
It was pretty dirty all over and someone has tried to do some....work.....on the bolt.

That piece just popped right off. If you know your AR's you can figure out what they were doing.:rolleyes: Hopefully with a little polishing it will clean up well.
I also failed to mention I only paid $100 for it.:cool:

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
View attachment 26645
That piece just popped right off. If you know your AR's you can figure out what they were doing.:rolleyes: Hopefully with a little polishing it will clean up well.
I also failed to mention I only paid $100 for it.:cool:
Hey, Shane, if the ATF catches you polishing on that bolt, they'll knock your door down for sure. Instead, I think you can find a replacement part at Sears. :)

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah it's all the other parts that'll get you in trouble. I may see if a glock mag can be fit somehow with a mag block.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Thought about one of those. Thought never made it to the checkbook but for $100 it might have.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
As I recall, Olympic made several different types of lowers to use in a 9mm AR. There is a pretty decent 9mm forum on AR15.com. There are lots of different types of buffers, and mag blocks, so it may be some real research to get it going correctly.

I wanted a 9mm AR for years and didn't know enough about all the ins and outs. A dealer friend bought RRA 9mm, and after a year or so, he decided to put it up for sale. I bought it. Runs great, no complications, and came with 5 plastic mags. I didn't care for them, so I got three of the metal GI mags for a reasonable price, and they work better with the 147gr bullets I like in 9mms. My RRA is a 16" A2 carbine, looks similar to yours. 9mm ARs are fun, like George said.

P.S., get a Lula loader for the mags, it will help when your fingers get tired loading mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts