Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
2015br

If it is the older "BR" It works very well in 223 .

Max load 25.5 with a 52 gr HPmatch bullet.

It's also a great powder for 250 Savage.

The newer 2015 is hotter and Max loads are 2+ grains LESS(!!) than true 2015 BR.

Good Shooting,

RedFoxy and Rick B.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
If you don't want it

hollar at me. That's all I use in 223, 20 Tactical, and a few other asst. calibers

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Works real good in my 222 with 50gr vmax's.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I get best accuracy w/ N135 in my 6BR, but AA2015 is "right in there" and the fastest - getting 3490 under a 65 V-Max/Rem 7-1/2 primer. Burns clean too! Good stuff in my 6BR, so I imagine the duce, .223 and 222 Mag would all find a home for it.

If you buy it and then want to find a home for it later, I'm sure you can get rid of it for what you have invested.

P.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have been using it for a few years for 223Ackley loads and it is a really good powder. I haven't got a chance to play with it in other small case loads, but I am sure it will work equally well.
Ken

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I never pass up a real good buy on powder in the is a round I load for that uses powders in the burn rate area of the cheap powder. I load for several different rounds and load alot of ammo so if it don`t work well in 1 round it will probibly shoot well in another. I bought 48 lbs. of that AA 2230-C powder because it was the right place on the burn rate chart for . 17 Rem, .204, .222 class, should work in .243 and afew others. It`s worked well in everything I`ve tried it in so far. I`ve bought other powders that did not work as well in everything I put them in, but I always seem to get it shot up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was using it in my 22br, and it worked very well for that with the 52g bullets I was using. Then I discovered vv n135, which is for me the best powder for that cartridge. Can't recall using it for any other rounds, but it is a good powder.
Barry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.