Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group,

I live in Santa Cruz, CA, home of liberals and flaming screwballs :cool: , as well as plenty of raccoons that travel the sewers and drains, and end up on roof, in pond, etc.

I have been plinking at them with my 0.177 470 fps pellet pistol, with some success.

See:

http://www.eaacorp.com/airguns-skiffa3000-description.html

However, I am looking for a QUIET air rifle either in 0.177 or 0.22, with a laser scope or similar for more accurate and punishing NIGHT work here in my semi-suburban area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated !

Cheers,

·
Registered
971 Posts
One idea

I know it is not an air rirfle, but go out and get a Ruger 10-22 with the syn stock and but some 22CB rounds. They are as quite as about any air rifle. Trust me. I have used them many a year **** hunting around some places like front yards in some very nice homes. There are also some 22CB longs that do feed great and do not make any more noise than the CB shorts and work much better in the 10-22. The Ruger is nice and short so you could get it in those tight spots easy and are just about as light as a air rifle. That is the best I can say and you get a much faster and better kill with them also. I know it is not what you are asking for , but I have see guys try the other way and it causes more trouble than it helps. You get screeming **** and chases all over the place. Hope this was some small help. Do some digging around the local gun shops and you will see what I am saying about the CB rounds. Buy a box or two and try them. Now there is one more trick and I would not tell anyone to do this, but I hear spitting down the barrel even stops even more noise! I have only heard that.
Mike (trust me) Murphy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Free Advice

Uncle Josh, you need to move over to the right coast. West Vrginia is close enough. You can get you a couple of Red Bone Hounds or a Bluetick and chase them ***** up a tree and shoot them out with whatever you like. Gotta love W V.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Punishing Suburban ***** in CA

Guys,

Thanks for the advice -

I still have my childhood Ruger 10/22, which is quite accuarate, so I will try the CB rounds....great suggestion !

For now, I guess I will have to hunker down here in the land of Norcal light-weight granola eaters, and hopefully avoid being tuned in to authorities in my local varmint eradication program.

Regards,

unclejosh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts