Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Ace Skeleton stock-ARFX- for my AR lower and was wondering how you like yours. I'm going to set up a lighter rifle for calling but haven't decided on the type or caliber for the upper. I have an abundance of .233 brass so I will probably go with it.
Would the chrome lined barreled upper have any advantages over the molly steel barrels for 100 to 150 yard shots? Most shots would be 50 yds or less here in the brushy country. Any input welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The Ace stocks are great, strong and very well engineered. Chrome-lined barrels are designed for extreme conditions in conflict environments - the chrome stops corrosion. On expensive shotguns the chrome also reduces plastic wad fouling. I have always been told non-chrome-lined AR barrels are more accurate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Everything I've heard about chrome lined barrels is that they are intended to be used under severe circumstances, like when you absolutely cannot clean a rifle/carbine for a very long time, ease of maintenance is ahead of accuracy, to boil it down, a regular chrome/moly steel barrel or stainless barrel is a better choice for civilian use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts