1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Buuuuuuutt
No flags 50+ yards
Clouds when
i started the group...sun came out hot and raised the group.
I'LL TAKE IT!
AMT lighting with kid barrel and Victor Company stock Aries BTR gen1 6-24
10 rounds multi match lapua at lest 20 years old lol
Food Textile Ingredient Recipe Cuisine

Font Circle Number Clothes dryer Automotive tire
Plant Green Leaf Sky Tree

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I thought so. I have two Ruger 10-22s, neither were ever shot with the factory barrels. My first has a Kimber barrel, and the second has a Green Mountain 1:9. Both have Volquartsen sears and hammers and Hogue stocks.

·
Registered
13,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought so. I have two Ruger 10-22s, neither were ever shot with the factory barrels. My first has a Kimber barrel, and the second has a Green Mountain 1:9. Both have Volquartsen sears and hammers and Hogue stocks.
This has the volquartsen trigger kit as well

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Of course Donnie, throw away the bbl, change receivers, put a decent trigger innit....what a Rooger. How do l know you ask? Easy -
I kept the box!.

Reactions: george in KY

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
Nice shooting George. The 10/22 is the Barbie doll of rimfires. There are so many ways to dress 'em up it's hard to imagine. I'm down to four 10/22s and a Charger now. Had twelve at one point and none of them were as they came from the factory. All had VQ trigger/receiver mods. Two that I have now are .22 WMRs, One can be converted to .17 HMR just by swapping on a Clark Custom barrel. One of the others is converted to .17 HM2 as is the Charger. Some of the Rugermites shot it a couple of years ago. I shoulda' had them autograph it! :D

·
Registered
13,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice shooting George. The 10/22 is the Barbie doll of rimfires. There are so many ways to dress 'em up it's hard to imagine. I'm down to four 10/22s and a Charger now. Had twelve at one point and none of them were as they came from the factory. All had VQ trigger/receiver mods. Two that I have now are .22 WMRs, One can be converted to .17 HMR just by swapping on a Clark Custom barrel. One of the others is converted to .17 HM2 as is the Charger. Some of the Rugermites shot it a couple of years ago. I shoulda' had them autograph it! :D
They are having regular match at Jackie's now for rimfire....with a auto class with this and the kimber 82g its really hard not the get back in the game but i know in my heart its still a chase the ammo game...just don't have it in me anymore......i don't think...

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
Chasing rimfire ammo today is a different animal, I'm thinking. I see plenty of .22lr at RK but it's not good target stuff. I have 2 boxes of Eley target and 6 of Federal Premium HV Match and I don't even know if that is really good. The rest of my .22lr stash is plinking ammo. The only time we use .22lr is shooting steel which is more fun than it should be.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Amen to that. Prior to COVID, one of the last times going into one of the bigger gun stores, Eley Tenex was $30 a box of 50. And then it depends on that specific lot of that ammo, if your rifle likes it. The semi-autos typically have a HV plinking ammo that does okay, and that gets used.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts