Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked on the rednek camper set up a little more today. My hitch on my suburban is way up in the air and had my trailer nosed way up in the air. I figured I would fix that with a drop hitch so the trailer set more level. Then I wanted to see how bad it was going to load the back of the suburban down. Just the trailer/camper took it down about an inch. I then loaded then4 wheeler....which I managed to do without taking my head off! It looked to be about 2.5-3" lower than normal ride height.

Here's the heavy duty monster drop hitch.

Another thing I got done was put all new u-bolts on the springs and axles. I peeked under it last week for something and noticed the nuts were rusted pretty bad....everyone one of them!

That's all that was holding the springs to the axles!:oops:
Few more little things to do yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have yet to get a seal of approval from the wife....she stopped by and I asked if she wanted me to pop the top to check out the boom boom room and all I got was "that" look....no sense of humor. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Shane, thats a nice looking rig! If you were underneath looking at the spring bolts I'm sure you looked at the bolts on the receiver hitch too?

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The hitch is welded and everything else looked pretty good. I don't think I've seen nuts rust away like that and the u bolts not near as bad....probably junk hardware got used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts