Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. Rabbit season is underway down at good 'ol SouthEast Hunt Club now that the deer hunters are cleared out.. This first hunt was dang near perfect.. Released the dogs from the lot, struck the rabbit right behind camp (after much butt-sniffing and soaking down anything upright).. Had a good race for about an hour or so.. Got the rabbit and collected all the dogs within a few minutes.. First shot with my new-to-me Franchi 20g scored this fat rabbit.. Man, that's a nice little lightweight rig..

.. Had another good day afterwards fooling around the camp and such. Hunted a tad in the afternoon with Bingo and got a quail.. Bingo tried his hand at being a bird dog but forgot to wait for me so no bird for him:rolleyes:.. Missed a flushed Snipe..

..Saturday, and all "the usuals" were on hand in the river bottom with the associated dogs.. Had races all morning and up thru the afternoon till it just got too hot (70°).. I ended up with a nice little pile of rabbits and an empty shell box..

.. What's not to like.? It's sure a relief after sittin' and waitin' on deer for a coupla months.. d:^) Jake

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I see ya didn't sale old varmint mobile. Hope you and Sandy have a good week. Good shooting and great story ya gona keep on till I gota join the club.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm.. Me hear this one before..

Well I see ya didn't sale old varmint mobile. Hope you and Sandy have a good week. Good shooting and great story ya gona keep on till I gota join the club.

.. You'd think I was trying to sell Amway down there the way folks avoid the place.. Sheesh.. :D I couldn't drag a soul down there this deer season.. But I think I finally got a couple of "live ones" for some action this rabbit season who have dogs and seem motivated for a little callin' action as well.. Not ta mention they have access to tons of land up near home here and want to call on it.. Heck, they may be motivatin' my sore azz ta get out locally.!! Cool beans.. :D :cool:

.. Junior's still hangin' around.. I'm leaving it down at the club till rabbit season's over to see if it's any better drivin one of my nicer trucks back & forth.. It'd sure be nice to have the covered back, occasional AC and tunes since Jr's 'ol radio finally bit the dust.. I've threatened to sell it and get a newer truck a few times but I got that one set up proper for hunting and it's funny how a "comfortable" old truck can grow on ya.. (Ya can see in the pic what that wascally wabbit thought about it;) ) d:^) Jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts