Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know when RCBS quit packaging their dies in the small cardboard box and went to the green plastic model. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
RCBS used a couple of different boxes very early dies used a plain box and they went to a light green box and the last boxes they used are a dark green. I'm not exactly sure of the date but mid to late 60's should be pretty close. RCBS dies are dated either with the date or a letter code, I think I have the code dateing somewhere in my stuff. The early dies were made by Fred Huntington in CA. In my opinion the best!!!! Just my opinion, dies have always been a good value taking in the amount of machining and quality material that are used to make them.
Joe

·
Registered
960 Posts
Dies

I started buying RCBS dies in the late 60's and they were plastic boxed in 68 and 69 date marked dies. I have a light green paper boxed set of 38-40 dies that are undated that I bought used. The older die sets have an aluminum bodied decapping die in the 3 die sets and no date, maybe a letter only on the die top.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a box of Sierra bullets that were manufactured by "Harris Machine company" (Sierra didn't make their bullets in the beginning).

Any collectors? ;) ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.