Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a while back someone telling about surprizing a woman jogger you stopped to relieve herself near him while he was wearing a gillie suit.

Also this year while I was deer hunting some guy walked around the woods all morning blowing a deer grunt call about every 30 seconds, I think he believed that it would make the deer charge him and he could shoot them when they charged. Seamed like everyone in the area saw him at some point that morning.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I was out with my father-inlaw

We had been hunting for the better part of the day and stopped at a long time favorite stand. It is a rather large hill in the middle of a huge valley. Coyotes will usally come around in the flat and get a good look up the hill before coming in. We snuck in and settled in a drainage on the west side of the hill. I was to his left and slightly below him. After about 20 minutes of calling I glanced back up behind me and there was a coyote stretched as far foward as it could trying to figure out what the back of his head was, no more than 1 foot from the tip of it's nose to his head. He looked my way and I gestured there was a coyote behind him, he must have thought it was some distance back as he quickly turned and was face to face with the coyote. He let out a scream and the coyote could not get out of there fast enough. Took me a few miunutes to stop laughing and took him even longer to calm down. The coyote was last seen doing Mach II across the flat below us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts