Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the welcome home guys. Nice to see yer all here. I guess I got here as a new board was created? Kudos to Mike and John for all the years they have kept the board going.
Does anyone possibly have the picture of the gigantic couger killed by Jim (Last name forgotten) near Seattle 5 or 6 years ago? He`s the guy that has the Dermistad Beetle business and cleans skulls for african style mounts...?
He and a friend had been calling in Issaquah and killed a 225 or 255 pound cat. There was a pic of him with his arms around it`s chest, standing up, and the head looked twice as big as Jims' head. I sure would like to have that pic if anyone knows where to find it. My computor crashed a couple years ago and I lost all my good photos (and proof of all the bazillion coyotes I killed so you`ll all just have to trust me, HAHAHA!!!))):D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this it?

Pictured is Jim Hackewitz, who participated in the hunt.

Critter was shot near Bellevue by Roy Hisler of Duval on 12/22/02. Weighed in at 190 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Trainwreck!

Many thanks. How did you get the weight. I thought Jim told me it was 225 lb, but then it was years ago and being a grandpaw and all maybe I have an excuse....?
Went to our private range today and was reminded of how much it sucks to have crap vision. Had to remove glasses and readjust the scope just to shoot.
Getting old sucks, maybe if I buy another gun I`ll feel better...............
Hey Mr`s Claus, .....................

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
Woo Hoo, the Bear is back.........Good deal

When I first stumbled onto this board, you were one of the solons/wise ones and posts were always interesting. You got some catching up to do boy:D So get out there, buy another rifle, and shoot and tell.

Yessir, getting old isn't for sissies. I can personally attest as tomorrow is the BIG Six Oh. Still humping 11-14 hr days but it ain't nearly as easy as it used to be - heck it isn't easy at all anymore.:(

Welcome back geezer in training.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts