Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to buy a 1911 and the Taurus appears to have lots of custom features for a pretty modest price ($500), but I haven't been able to see one face to face.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Oh yeah

The gun does have lots of features for $500.00 and is nicely finished. I did think the rounded hammer seemed somewhat smaller than Commander or BHP style hammers.

Southeastern Supply on Indian Trail Rd. in Norcross, GA might still have one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
A local shop has one for $469 . I thought it looked REAL nice for that price . It has some nice features and seems fit pretty well too . The only thing I didn't like was the hammer , but that could be changed pretty easily . I might just have to get one of these when the stainless versions become available !

·
Registered
142 Posts
A friend of mine bought one. Fit & finish=nice. Very accurate!! A little fussy on the lighter HPs, but functions flawlessly with all 230 grain slugs-hp's & ball.(rounder nose up the feed ramp, I suppose.) Bill

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
They sell as soon as they hit the shops, and are still hard to come by. The one I looked at back in October seemed very nice for the money. I don't care for the cheezy magazine, or the hammer, much, or the billboard on the slide, but otherwise, they seemed okay, and I'm an old Colt guy.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I have had a stainless model on order since October.

·
Registered
9,737 Posts
Gander Mtn had two

I had one in my hand at Gander Mtn two weeks ago. They had two in stock and never put them out on display. ??????? Don't know if they still have them but they can get them. First 1911 I ever touched............. I liked it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you can find one for $500 or less you better buy it. The wholesale price went up $50 the 1st of Jan. 07.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I saw one being picked up at a store last week

Everyone was checking it out, even the dealer.

It sure impressed me. Here are some photos I found online. Hope they help you out.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
446 Posts
Never say never..

..I once said I would never own an old 'slab side' but guess I'll eat those words. Gosh, that's one fine looking 45.

Are they going to mfg. in other calibers?

·
Registered
726 Posts
AceBall;10121Are they going to mfg. in other calibers?[/QUOTE said:
Yes, at the Shot Show last week, the CEO of Taurus International said that it would become available in .40 S&W later this year.

Lance in Orgygun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts