Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of an arbor press. Tell me why I need to buy the press your using. Using a c-clamp sure wouldn't look professinal would it. :D

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
What do you need a ardor press for??? If it's for reloading . I made a disk that goes in where the shell holder goes and threaded a piece of rod to screw in where the die goes , and use my reloading press for a Wilson die bullet seating . Art.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Press

The reload press idea will work but if you want to "feel" neck tension a Sinclair is very useful. I shoot a tight neck 6ppc {and others):) :) with very little neck tenson and use a Sinclair that I have had for maybe 15 years:D :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have

a B-Square and I bought it because it has dual risers, thinking that it would better center the pressure. Works well.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I have the Sinclair press and I like it a lot. First off, there is NO fussing and minimal setup - grab it, quick-set the height to a custom fit to any caliber, and go! It is very sensitive to presure variances - that is you can really feel the difference in seating pressure, which is important for paper punching, especially.

But, I used a small wood disc made of 1/2" plywood in the palm of my hand for years before Santa gave me a press for Christmas one year.

I guess I would say it is a nice to have piece of equipment, not critical to success, however. Kinda like air-driven wrenches, or self-propelled lawnmowers, and flush toilets...:D

P.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10-4 on the flush toilets I like some modern devices and an arbor press would be nice. I've looked for a used one but nadda. So I guess I save my money and buy one.

Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That is just crude!!

Paul,

I can't believe that you would use something so rude and crude as a piece of plywood! I had a beautifully turned to perfection and polished piece of aluminum in my reloading kit for seating my bullets in thin necked brass. Hi-tech all the way! :D :D :D

The original poster can catch a little arbor press on sale at Harbor Freight for $15-20 dollars that will work just fine but it ain't near as cute as the hunnert dollar ones.

Hu

I have the Sinclair press and I like it a lot. First off, there is NO fussing and minimal setup - grab it, quick-set the height to a custom fit to any caliber, and go! It is very sensitive to presure variances - that is you can really feel the difference in seating pressure, which is important for paper punching, especially.

But, I used a small wood disc made of 1/2" plywood in the palm of my hand for years before Santa gave me a press for Christmas one year.

I guess I would say it is a nice to have piece of equipment, not critical to success, however. Kinda like air-driven wrenches, or self-propelled lawnmowers, and flush toilets...:D

P.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts