Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a good single stage trigger for my AR 10. Is the Jard any good? Must have around 1.5lbs of pull. I am looking for the best, so I'm not too worried about cost.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No experience with Jard but---

I have the JP single stage on an AR-10 and like it very much. Very crisp and no creep. Not sure how much you can take these down but I'm guessing mine is around 2 1/2 lbs. Mine was installed by DPMS. Good luck.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Trigger

I have a JP in my DPMS, but if I had it to do over again, I'd look real close at Chip McCormicks drop in. Jard, Jewel and JP's are a real pain to install, in my opinion.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
945 Posts
Jewell

I know you are looking for a single stage but the only way you can have a reliable no doubling light pull is with a two stage. I have two of the Jewell triggers with the first stage set at 2 lbs second at 3 oz. Once you get used to the first stage take up and the crisp second stage release it is very nice. They are not hard to install if you follow the instructions. The second stage fully adjustable with an allen wrench from the top. First stage spring adjustment wheel from the top with a hooked tool or needle nose. The Jewell trigger does not wear down with use.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ron I have a Jewell in my vmatch and like it, but two stage triggers just really mess with me when hunting. I orderd the Jard so we will see how it works out.

This my be untrue but I have read more than once on the net that the AR-15 triggers don't have enough hammer weight to be reliable in a AR-10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts