Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,552 Posts
They are a quirky thing that began as a brace and evolved into a mini stock creating a short barreled rifle.
I am not a fan of them as I always felt they were "dodgy" and a toy for wanna be commando's.

· Registered
10,596 Posts
Don’t have one and don’t want one, however, it is my belief that neither the ATF nor any other bureaucratic agency has the authority to create “law”. Laws require legislative action. Sadly, it will take a court’s action to stop the idiots.

· Administrator
13,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, first off, they have for YEARS said the brace was legal and that holding it as a stocked weapon did NOT change it's classification as a pistol.

Second, what is driving this change is pure political..

Third, they will lose this in court as recent court decisions have made it impossible for the ATF to win any of their overreach on rule changes.

Once again another law that only impacts law abiding citizens and make them Felons. Stats show that handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals not SBRs or Braced AR pistols..

· Registered
2,924 Posts
Don’t have one and don’t want one, however, it is my belief that neither the ATF nor any other bureaucratic agency has the authority to create “law”. Laws require legislative action. Sadly, it will take a court’s action to stop the idiots.
I will be very surprised if any court stops this particular action. It will be upheld the same way the bump stock ban was upheld. Even our “conservative” Supreme Court would not take up that case.

· Registered
10,596 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the new Illinois assault weapon ban and high capacity magazine ban will hold up in court also.
I think that one will be struck down quickly. Almost every Sheriff In Illinois has already publicly announced they won’t enforce it. I’ve seen a couple of attorneys on YouTube calling it “blatantly unconstitutional”.

As I understand it, it bans 170 different semi-autos. Gotta’ be damnear all of ‘em.

· Registered
2,242 Posts
Next thing you know, they’ll probably outlaw gas stoves.

Reactions: VSSF

· Registered
7,693 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't go after Zippo lighters first, what with them having kind of a military connection and all. Heck, I don't even smoke, never have, but there've been times in my life when I carried a Zippo "just because." Kinda like a pocketknife. Never know when you might need to start a fire and a Zippo is pretty darned handy.

· Registered
2,924 Posts

· Registered
10,596 Posts
Remember when Obama asked about training cattle guards? No doubt senile Joe will want those guards trained to capture bovine methane.

Reactions: VSSF

· Registered
985 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts