Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mayor Dicky Daley is after us again. Please write, call, and or e-mail your State :mad: Senator and urge him or her to oppose any and all anti-gun legislation introduced this year.............Roger

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mayor Dicky Daley is after us again. Please write, call, and or e-mail your State :mad: Senator and urge him or her to oppose any and all anti-gun legislation introduced this year.............Roger
Hate to be a putz. But I left Illinois, never to return again, exactly for this very reason. I refuse to be part and parcel to the likes of Richard (the Machine Part II) Daley and his blood-brother in the US Senate, Dick (Turbin) Durbin. The power of Cook County will never be cancelled out by the rest of the state. Have you all considered breaking into North and South Illinois, like California has?

Still a Bears and Cubs fan, but nothing else,
Chris

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Have you all considered breaking into North and South Illinois, like California has?
I'm here "temporarily"... Only gonna be in the State 6 mo...That was over 7 years ago:rolleyes:

As a resident outside of Cook Co. hell, I'm 28 miles so of Joliet for cryin' out loud, I can tell ya we've had MANY discussions about cutting IL in parts, leaving Chicago and Hizzhonor, Durban, Obama, and a host of others to squirm in their own dirty diaper and leave the rest of IL the heck alone!

Mostly, I think the consensus (as it goes in many a barroom) is to cut the State in two at I-80 and leave everything to the north to their own demise. Frankly, those in the southern part of the state are tired of being forced to pay the freight for Daley's Chicago and surrounding area. Chicago's problems are their own, and we're pretty tired of "Little Richard" trying to make them the problems of the entire state.:mad:

Rant off...

P.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I Left Also

After living in Illinois since 1952, I left for a better life in the southwest. But for the record, Dick Durbin is from Southern Illinois(Springfield area) not Cook County. George Ryan, a Repubican governor, and Dick Daley formed an alliance against gun ownership. The present governor is the first Democrate elected since 1973(and he is no different)! We got all our gun laws from a legislature dominated by downstaters and supposedly conservative governors. No bargain there. Obama is definitely no friend of gun owners. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You need to remove this thread that you created Roger

Roge:

Discussing clearly Political issues such as gun control is not allowed on this forum. I was reminded of this rule just recently myself.

There are LOTS of reports about Democrats in several states proposing new gun bans, mainly against "Assault" type firearms. It is not just in Illinois. I could go on and on about how many states where this sort of ban is being proposed right now.

But I will not, as this sort of discussion is not allowed here.

If you really wish to discuss topics like this, you should lobby the admins Mike and John to create a separate Political topic area, much like the Firearms and Reloading sections.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
49 Posts
Though I escaped, I grew up in Southern Illinois.

Southern Illinois starts at I64, not I80 or even I70. No way will we claim Dick Durbin as a SI boy, especially since he's from S'field, which is in Northern Illinois.

sab-

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well again

People have repeatedly said in the past that political posts were not allowed on GGVG. But when the forum got reorganized under the new software, I thought that this "Open Topic" section was different, as there were new separate sections for hunting and firearms topics.

Yet, it seems that most people are still using this general section for their posts. Even when they talk about guns or hunting. And then I discovered, even though there is still nothing explicitedly stating political posts are banned, that this section is supposed to be like the old board, implying that indeed political posts are not allowed.

Anyway, since another board member got on my case about this, I said, fine, that is OK with me. But my last so-called political post about the recent action in Somalia was hardly something I thought would fall under the "political" category. Yet, I was criticized yet again for posting it. And that thread was then removed.

So again, if that marginally "political" topic is not allowed, then this OBVIOUSLY political topic should also not be allowed either, and this thread should thus be removed also.

Either that, or a separate political topic area should be created, as some other boards do. That way people who hate political stuff, could easily avoid it.

Lance

·
Registered
92 Posts
My vote..let it stay

This is an "Open Topic" section and therefore this as other political topics should be allowed to stay. I think the other thread was pulled because there was some name calling and personal denigration, which should not be allowed. I may have added to the problem and for that I apologize. This, however, is not my call. It is John & Mike's to make.

I respectfully request either the friendly political posts be allowed or a new "Political Post" section be born. Also, can a particularly nasty post be removed without removing the whole thread? That way a member that doesn't like the particular politics of the thread can't get the whole thing pulled by posting a nasty reply. Just a few thoughts from my feeble mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts