Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compared the speed of the RCBS 1500 and Lyman 1200 automatic powder dispensers?

Looking to buy one this year, but the old RCBS model drove me crazy. I could dump powder into a large shell, pour it into the scale pan, dribble powder to the set weight and dump it into the shell before the dispenser was 1/2 done. I'm a fairly impatient person so I sent the whole thing to my son. He isn't so impatient and likes it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Cabela's was having a sale on the Lyman

Just got a Lyman for Christmas (present from Cabela's via Cabela bucks) but yet to try it out. A friend of min has one the Lyman and loves it. Just be careful about spilling powder, or you can get some erratic results. So, if you spill any, be sure to not let it get beneath the tray as I understand it.

I will post a thread when I get to try it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up on that testing. Looks like I'll be swayed towards the new RCBS, quicker time for Mr. Impatient!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Think You will Like The RCBS [New]

A Friend has one & was over to His place last week. Saw it in operation. It Is QUICK. Russ My 2¢.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have both the rcbs chargemaster and the lyman 1200. I feel that the lyman is more accurate ,but 30 min warm up, and the rcbs is faster ,but still very accurate just not as the lyman. The rcbs is easer to clean and change powders. Also if you work up a load with 1 dont load with the other as the load may not be the same. I hope this helps Ollie

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have both the rcbs chargemaster and the lyman 1200. I feel that the rcbs is more accurate ,but 30 min warm up, and the rcbs is faster ,but still very accurate just not as the lyman. The rcbs is easer to clean and change powders. Also if you work up a load with 1 dont load with the other as the load may not be the same. I hope this helps Ollie
I had the Lyman, now the RCBS, the Lyman is 30 minute warmup not the RCBS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
love my rcbs

i haVE BEEN USING A RCBS CHARGEMASTER SINCE IT CAME OUT AND I WOULDNT USE ANYTHING ELSE IT IS VERY ACCURATE AND FAST TOO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts