Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
11,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That got your attention, didn't it? My wife, granddaughter and I took the boat out today for near shore fishing. We trolled for 2 hours and landed 15 Spanish Mackerel and a small king mackerel we had to throw back. This was the first fish of the day and Miss Lillie earned herself a citation (the good kind) for it. Biggest Spanish I'd ever seen. 6.5 lbs

Here she is reeling one in. Live Action!

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
That's it, Charlie! Cute babe in a tank top, big fish. What's not great about that. And clearly you found some fish on your first foray. Mackerel are good smoked, right? Just find some place that can freeze those babies until you head home, and you're in business!

Thanks!

Carpman

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is a great way to start things off! Makes the trip worthwhile already, I bet.
I agree with KY fisherman, those are good smoked. Last had them about 40 years ago and remember them as being terrific.

·
Administrator
11,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it, Charlie! Cute babe in a tank top, big fish. What's not great about that. And clearly you found some fish on your first foray. Mackerel are good smoked, right? Just find some place that can freeze those babies until you head home, and you're in business!

Thanks!

Carpman
Spanish Macks are great fresh. King macks are oily and better smoked unless they are small and fresh. I like them fresh better than Spanish. These are slated for fish tacos. They won't make it home. But we may find more later in the week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts