Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone:
Last night at my sister’s house we had a Thanksgiving #2 dinner. My nephew came over and showed me a game trail camera video his dad took of 3 cougars walking through his backyard. This is one constant stream of video taken in real time of THREE cougars, I am guessing a mom and 2 cubs.

The trail is right behind my ex-brother-in-law’s house, and boarders his property. AND this trail is within the city limits used by afternoon hikers / runners. I added a little to make it amusing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
About 6 or 7 years ago when I was living in Pocatello, there were a series of cougar sightings in town. Happened to be listening to the police scanner one evening when a cougar was reported in the oldest cemetery in town near the university. Police were looking for it and there was a lot of radio chatter. One cop radioed what entrance he was at, another told him to work his way to where he was. First cop said, no that he was going to stay where he was because he was on a bike. I was laughing at the thought that the cop was reluctant to become cougar bait.

People in that part of the state are a little sensitive to big cats after the Ligertown mess in 1995. Lava Hot Springs residents remember escaped big cats 20 years later | Members | idahostatejournal.com

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Nice video. I watched the other videos also. Enjoyed the one to Germany and will watch the others.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, the video is genuine and my buddy told me yesterday when we went out pesting at a dairy so far to his knowledge 2 cats have been dispatch around Poky this year, including the one he took out. F&G gave the okay because of the threat it was to his 80 year old dad. According to my friend, the cougar was LITERALLY killing deer and eating them at the edge of the dad’s yard. Also, this cougar has been already trapped, relocated and etc by Idaho F&G, so finally enough was enough.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@acpchuck I will say this, when I was working in 2010 in Glenwoods Spring, Colorado there were warning signs along the Roaring Fork River running trails warning people of cougars in the area. Well, one early morning right outside of Glenwood Springs on the way into work in Rifle I see a sheriff deputy’s truck with parked to the side on the freeway, lights flashing and all that jazz. As I drove past the deputy’s truck I saw a cougar laid out in front of it, the cat was at least 6 feet long and I swear wider than the truck. This kitty would not be something I would want to bump into in the middle of the night on that running path, packing or not. One swipe from a cat that size could cause some serious harm very quickly.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Thats a cool video. We have a few around here but the Fish and Game guys denied it. Probably because they would have to manage them. The Wife and I saw one late one evening when we went to check on a Dove field. And the BIL and I saw one this year at Deer camp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts