Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I had planned on hunting for weeks. The weather was just plain horrible. :(
It started raining Thursday and rained off and on till Sunday night. We had mixed sleet and bouts of strong wind.
My spirit was low because it's hard to believe you will do any good in that kind of weather. :rolleyes:
After a short pitty party I started to look for ways to make this work. With a little effort and planning
I was able to make 14 likley stands over the course of the weekend.
Not a great average but still better than a total stinker.
I managed to call in 3 coyotes and 3 bobcats.
I was only able to shoot 2 cats and a single coyote but you never get them all,
no matter what the weather is.
Both cats that I shot came into places I had expected coyotes and all three coyotes came to one stand.
I am not very good with multiples.
For me one out of three is all I ever get. :duh:
I called them all in with a J.S. 512 LR caller with remote
and the tapes used were a mixed batch of cottontail and jackrabbit.
Anyway thanks for reading.
They look kinda bad but I really did NOT drowned them
they have all been shot .....22-250 DRT.

P.S. Sorry pic is so small I don't know how to make it larger.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Excellent!!!!

Good Job and good story, :) haven't had a day like that ever. Never shot a bobcat.:( Only seen 3 in the wild ever. It's cold and rainy here now think I may go out and try my luck. :eek:

Good Job

·
Registered
411 Posts
nice kitty cats

I am jealous I wish I had a place near me for something like that. good pic and story.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Whatever weather you got.....wish we had some of it; gets the critters stirring. Great Job..you can't kill'em all every time, now you get an excuse to go back again. JR

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Way to go MO

Thats a good weekend in anyones book!

Im not great on multiples either, anymore, I just focus on getting one put down, that Im usually too slow on a follow-up-runner.

The females tend to be drab colored. It is interesting to see the range of colors yours had

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice going, MO!

Yeah, I'll take a weekend like that ANYDAY! What kind of exit wounds did the 22-250 leave on the bobcats? In my state we are allowed only 1 bobcat per year, and then only in the northern-most counties. I wish I lived in a state with plenty of them and no bag limits. Never called one in, either.

Thanks for sharing!

V.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Goes to show ya some days we are rewrded for our dedication. Several of my deer this year were on days like that, where I just didn't want to go out there and was late and so on, then before ya know it your shocked as all heck and shootin something. Nice Job!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Everyone

Vardoc

The cats were both shot facing me.
The Silver was a dead center chest shot.....no exit.
The brown was a slight driver error....I hit it just
beside the nose. Not pretty what it did.
The coyote was broadside and the picture is of the exit side.
She was crossing left to right on the north side. Wind was out of the
south. Hers went right in the ribs pencil in .... dime out.
She's a little bloody from the truck bed.

Thanks to everyone.....I'm planning to try it again this coming
Saturday:D wish me luck ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.