Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a light fluted barrel comeing to replace the club(junk 24" bull).
I know I put the 2 piece floated barrel nut on by hand but cant get it loose now.I know I should get a wrench and probibly will.
Are the barrel nut threads right or left handed:confused:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tinman!
The tube was right handed but I thought I'd ask before I did anymore damage to the nut:rolleyes: Ya I tryed the rap it with a dull punch thing already but its stuck on there preaty good.
On a long shot I stoped into Sportsmans Warehouse this afternoon to se if they carried an armerors wrench.By chance they had one that would work on the unfloated nuts but didnt have the little pins in the side for the 2 piece free float nut.For a mear $39.95 they claimed it was exactly what I needed:eek: I handed them back a freefloat tubed unit and told them to show me how it was gona work?
Man I'm still laughing at the site of the three stooges trying to get the nut off of that $1500 Bushy with that ½ a$$ed wrench:D

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The right wrench is the best bet, like you already know. Try some penetrating oil like Kroils or PB blaster on the threads and let it soak for a few hours. If you still can't find a wrench and have to "just do it", use piece of 1/4 inch brass rod as a punch, that way the rod gets buggered up and not the barrel nut. Might also try a strap wrench , if you have one.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the ideas!
Another issue poped up in that the new 20" barrel is threaded. Is a flash hider or muzzle break nessisary or wanted on a coyote calling gun?
Was contemplateing haveing the threads cut off and the barrel recrowned?maybe I'll wait till I check to see how it shoots:confused:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
fluted barrel

Hi CJ, I see you are still on the board, go to bed. LOL
I just read the other day that some of the guys liske the flash suppressor as the do have a better sight picture in low light. I'll get the barrel mailed out in the next couple of days . No check as of Sat.

Gabriel

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You can just out a thread protector on the threads. Otherwise, the Vortex flash suppressor is the s**t! They're spendy, but man, do they work!

Do NOT put a brake on it unless you want it LOUD!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts