Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Randy (birdog) Dawson of Dixon Springs Tenn. was the 2008 Iron Man of the BBB. Yeah, the Tennessee Rednecks came out on top this year. Randy won so many trophys I do not have the full list, but he was shooting against himself for 1st and 2nd place in one class.

Factory Class was again won by SAVAGE Arms (Placed 1 and 2), Another Tennessee Redneck came in First. Todd Lynn driving Doc Stones Savage .223 topped with an elcheapo Nightforce NXS. Randy Dawson Second with another SAVAGE F-Class .308 belonging to JunebugTn. Donnie (Kermit) Harber Third with his prize Ruger 6PPC (no restrictor plate).

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
JR...Birdog was on a mission

All you guys had harrassed him all year long and he just got tired of it. I can't believe some guys get on here that talk SMACK before a match. A man should be serious when he's talking about shooting. I hope this is a lesson for all them that was talking so much before Sat. [ they could take lessons from me] I just got 1 ?....Was his restrictor installed on right? Big G might have to look at a pic or 2 to see.

Donnie

·
Premium Member
8,644 Posts
Kermit, Junebug had the official Big G

restrictor plate installed when he shot. But I removed it when I shot. Seemed to track better in the bags and balanced better without the plate. Did you have the plate on your Ruger?

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
way to go BD !

i dont know anyone that put's as much heart and trigger time in as you !
+ you have fun no matter how well you do. you make shooting fun and thats just cool :cool:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Congrats B.D.- George is right on, you dove into this with gusto and the results speak for themself.
Mike

·
Premium Member
8,644 Posts
Thanks Big G and Doughboy

Big G, a little known fact--
You sold me the action and barrel for that Viper that I shot. All I added was the indian blanket shehane stock and Mike Bryant to mix it all together.
When are you going to sell that 40-x back to me that you got 3 rd place at Gallatin with? That Bryant X will shoot!!!! You had it originally, sold it to me, I had Bryant blueprint it and sold it back to you.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
lol no!

you had your chance with that 40x.....it an't for sale...thats right you hear'd me
not for sale.
i had a rockcreek 30BR barrel put on that action got me a new H&S BR stock and a old shilin trigger. stress free bedded it.had a big bolt knob put on...and i'm happy :D shoot's as good as anything i ever had.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Quick, someone do a DNA on George

that has to be an imposter. The real Geo would never say it aint for sale !!!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
lol no!

....it an't for sale...thats right you hear'd me
not for sale.
Looks like George’s computer’s been hacked. The real George in KY would never make such a statement. Great pictures JR.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
If it's the same 40x it made it as far North as East central Indiana! ....old girl got some miles on her!:LOL:

Also that was so long go Kermit don't have that Papa Smurf look going yet!

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
by golly i still have have the 40x...but she has put a smile on a few other faces

·
Premium Member
8,644 Posts
by golly i still have have the 40x...but she has put a smile on a few other faces
Big G, I think I have sold the original 6mm Rem barrel that came on the 40-X.
It is mounted on a Stainless, Engraved 700 and now is a Dasher. I think Shayne is
going to buy the Action , barrel, brake, and Shilen trigger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts