Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the rules going to be the same at the BBB this year? I'm trying to decide if I might have something to shoot in the custom lite and 40x class. I have a factory and heavy class rifle. huh?

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
We doan need no....

rules!*@#% RULES*^&%[email protected]# we doan need no stinkin' RULES..........:D
Well, you might twist george's arm and get him to bend 'em for you if you put somethin' in his pocket :rolleyes:

Rick (if ya ain't cheatin' ya ain't tryin')

·
Registered
12,940 Posts
Same.....and Always Will Be

Are the rules going to be the same at the BBB this year? I'm trying to decide if I might have something to shoot in the custom lite and 40x class. I have a factory and heavy class rifle. huh?
BLUEGRASS BALLOON BUST.....3erd saturdy in MAY ? 2007...

$15 range fee.. that inclueds your food and drink for the day!!
$10 entry pur gun
trophys for 1st 2 and 3ed in each class..
10 shot's per match.....targets balloon's? and suckers(.format to be set) may have egg's this year? or poker chip's egg size...balloons are takeing way to long to fill and hang .

factory class ; ((Mass production firearms only)) ! no custom or semi custom gun's or custom shop
...200 yards
Factory custom class (ie) 40X cooper and the like must have factory barrel and action and chamber....no stock over 3 inch wide
$7 per gun($2 of that will go to the range for IBS score targets)
the rest gos to the winner ! 10 shot's 2 score targets 7 min relay

you can replace trigger/float/glass bed/recrown. your factory gun but thats ALL!
Must have A factory chamber/action/stock.

CUSTOM LITE class;;; keep it 15lbs and under ...300 yards

CUSTOM HEAVY class open...400 yards......no rails of any type

you can NOT shoot the same gun in the same class twice ( unless ) you have 2 shooters for the gun...
NO spotters allowed during the match...any scope any class

10 covered concrete bench's !
.NO ALCOHOL AT ANY TIME !!!!!!!!!

east of Somerset KY on HWY 80 to road 1003 go 7.2 miles your there....if you have never been the the range go to MAPQEST.COM and plan your trip
SHOOTING STATS AT 9AM so be there by 8 to 8;30 AM to sign in
phone 606-256-3435 ask for george or jacki 606-382-5152 e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
505 Posts
George
Email those rules to me and as soon as I got our desktop up ... will post them for you chat.admin AT comcast.net

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok George that's what I wuz lookin fer. I don't have nutin to fit in those two classes less I could shoot my 22lr. he he

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Don't let that stop you from coming up, James. Seriously, if you're willing to make the drive and you let the guys know who you are and that you didn't have a gun that works for our rules, I pretty much guarantee there'll be guns you can shoot. Heck, just recently I shared my one and only factory gun with two buddies who came with me and it worked out just fine. You come up and we'll put you behind some triggers.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Factory class ruled...

The Factory class is apparently ruled by a one Mike (aka KY Fisherman) Jones - who systematically kicks butt with that "so called" 21" Salvage barrel (never mind that "HART" is stamped on the side).

So, the rule is, Mike Wins! In fact, I'm sure I heard him say while shootin' PDs in SD last spring that Come the BBB he was gonna take first place AGAIN, or kiss the azz of whomever did!!

NOw, I'm not sure if he said that cuz he was braggin' bout his ability to break suckers:rolleyes: , or maybe just a strategy to repulse anyone about to win in Factory class to shoot a couple quick misses to AVOID that whole scene!:eek:

ONe thing is for certain tho...You won't find a better bunch to shoot a match with. Win, loose, or draw, you WILL have a good time and some good BBQ to boot! (Might even sneak some rattle snake into the BBQ and see if ol Greyfox doesn't like it!;) )

See ya there???

P.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Since MLM didn't bend any

rules at the last shoot, there won't be any new rules this shoot..... is that what you're saying George??? Tee heee. ;) WD

·
Registered
12,940 Posts
Mlm

rules at the last shoot, there won't be any new rules this shoot..... is that what you're saying George??? Tee heee. ;) WD
MLM was brave enough to cheat DEATH no telling what he would do at the BBB !!:eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Say W-Wh-WHAAAAAT??????

I mite change date to 2end saturday ???? dont know yet:eek:
If ya do, ya might have just "X'ed" Ami and me from going - point being vacation days have to be submitted ASAP, if not already. So, I hope you settle PDQ!

P.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts