Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of guys here have seen, and shot, my wife's 10/17 conversion. Well, an ER Shaw .920 X 16.5" HMR barrel knocked on the door this afternoon. Stuck it in a Hogue OM stock. Stubby thing feels a lot lighter than the 20" Green Mtn WMR barrel it replaced. Hope it shoots close to the Clark barreled beauty.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's true Don

I am lucky. She lets me shoot her rifles now and then. Sometimes, I sneak one of her guns out to the range while she's working and don't tell her. It's my payback for the fact that she won't let me mow the lawn. She did let me shovel part of the driveway yesterday and, nice guy that I am, I left part of it for her. Told her she did well, too. If we get another big snow, I might have to get her a new shovel.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Must be "New Stock Wednesday" my new stock for the Savage .223 was waiting at the door when I got home from work this afternoon!
Tell Julie to let you shoot the newest one every now and then. It'll have it's work cut out for it, to match the other rifle, though, or even come close!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey Doug,

I sure hope the newbie rifle shoots as well as Julie's "Burgundy Special" too, but that is a tall order. With the Hogue stock and short barrel, might make a perfect truck gun. Did you do the trigger yet?

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Routine stuff

I sure hope the newbie rifle shoots as well as Julie's "Burgundy Special" too, but that is a tall order. With the Hogue stock and short barrel, might make a perfect truck gun. Did you do the trigger yet?
I did the routine 10/22 stuff. VQ hammer, Weaponkraft recoil buffer, extended magazine release, and modified bolt release. I do extractors on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" plan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.