Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock for my Remington 700 sporter. I like it. Now my question, is the cheaper Carbelite Classic stock still a good stock? It is quite a bit cheaper than the Medalist. Or is it worth the extra money for the Medalist? Thinking of another one for another 700. I do not like the tupperware stock that come on the Remingtons. Also do you have the bed the action on the cheaper Classic? Thanks for any advice, Darrel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
B&C stock

No answear but another question please. Is the medalist stock as B&C claims; that is, can I just bolt my 700 action in and the reciever is rock solid and barrel free floated without further fuss? Thanks..

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to trim (sand) just a little around my floorplate area a little for a good fit. It seems pretty solid on my 6mm. It is possible that I might have to put a skim coat in the action area if I can't hold a group. Have just sighted in gun, but no earnest shooting yet. Too cold for that. So far I like it and easy fit. I am wondering it the cheaper stock is as good? Darrel

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have a Carbelite on my M70, I had to skim bed it for good shooting, it was pretty bad before bedding, but afterwards, it shoots with the best of them. The Medalist, with it's bedding block, is probably a bit better than a Carbelite without a block, but with bedding, it would be hard to tell the difference. I really like the M70 now.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I bought one Carbelite stock, and B&C will NEVER get another nickel from me! It is a real POS! The rear action screw hole was a good 1/2" out of alignment - unfortunately the smith who barreled the action for this rifle had already done some work (opening up the barrel channel) on the stock, so I didn't figure that B&C would take it back.

Never again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.