Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the Hornady 55grn SP w/c at Lock-Stock & Barrel for 63.35 per 1000. Called this morning and the lady said the price was current. Had to stock up so I ordered 1000. I did alot of shoping around and this looked pretty reasonable to me. At this price you can load one and throw one over your sholder.

·
Registered
411 Posts
what caliber was that?????

55 grain what?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I would guess its a Hornady 55gr Soft Point with cannelure [sp?] in 22cal.
Ken

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been shooting the Hornady 55 gr spire point (soft point) with cannelure for about 2 years, I have found this bullet to be very accurate and at a very reasonable price.

Prices are going up on bullets all the time, I had been getting them from Midway but they went way up on price as of today, so if you can find them at a more reasonable price you might stock up, I ordered another 1,000 today, but Midway lost that sale because of the price increase.

Here is a 100 yard group shot with that bullet, the rifle is a 24" AR with a 1-8 twist.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ole 270

I've shot 3000 and working on the 4th thousand of the 55 Hornady spire points from LSB as blems and they shoot very well. I bought them several years ago when they were running them before. They don't give the splat factor of the premium bullets like the VMAX and other polymer tipped ones but expand good enough and give quick kills on groundhogs and also prairie dogs. Accuracy is about as good as most bullets, probably not as good as some. But for the price, they're a good value for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts